small good Morocco tour operator

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Six of us are planning to travel to Morocco for a day ten or so trip in late March. There are a number of "private tour operators" on the web, such as moroccourtours or blue men of morocco, etc. Does anyone have a good recommendation?
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 09:29 PM

My family and I just got back from our trip to Morocco. We booked a private tour thru Authentic Morocco covering 5 days. We travelled from Casablanca to Meknes, Fes, Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga and Marrakech. We had a wonderful time - the itinerary prepared for us was extensive and value for money, the riads we stayed in were fabulous and the service of the tour guide/driver Idriss was excellent. We would definitely come back to Morocco for a longer visit and avail of the services of Authentic Morocco once again.
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 04:05 AM

We used Journey Beyond Travel in May of this year. I highly recommend. I wrote a trip report - if you want more info you can check it out.
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 11:56 AM

I did a Morocco trip in the spring. We used Lahcen from AroundMoroccoTours.com. I wrote quite an extensive trip report you may find helpful.

http://www.fodors.com/community/afri...0-334023-2.cfm

email me if you have any questions about Morocco.
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 10:08 AM

Bandiroot,

I was preparing to book a 4 day trip with Authentic Morocco. Can you provide any details of the trip. Comments about the driver/guides? Any reccomendations?
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM

Altorosso,
We were quite satisfied with the services of Authentic Morocco. The itinerary they prepared for us was extensive though hectic given the many places we visited. To do justice to all those places, a 7-day stay would have been best but we could not stay longer as we were on a tight schedule. We stayed in Dar Bensouda in Fes, Kasbah Timbouctou in Merzouga and Dar Aljazira in Marrakech, all very good choices. We esp. liked Bensouda bec. of the beautiful architecture, nice comfortable rooms and very good food. The sunset camel ride in Merzouga was the highlight of our trip and our 2 girls enjoyed it immensely. Our tour guide/driver, Idriss, was very pleasant, well-mannered and quite knowledgeable of Moroccan history and culture. The tour guides in Fes and Marrakech were also very good and professional. All in all, our family had a wonderful and memorable time in Morocco even if it was just a short visit.

If you only have 5-7 days, better to start in Marrakech, then on to Merzouga then to Fes and Meknes.
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 05:00 AM

I have no recommendation about travel to Morocco. Before you take any recommendation too seriously, I advise you to click on the name of the advisor and see whether he or she has been participating in fodor's forum for a while or has just joined to praise a given Moroccan tour company. Just an observation!

Pat