Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Morocco in last 2 weeks of Feb and no time to plan - tour recommendations?

Jan 17th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Hi there,

I am planning to go to Morrocco with 2 friends for the last two weeks of February. Weird circumstances, but we all have tickets and will be there, but no time to really plan an independent trip. We could go there and just "wing it" when we arrive or we have been considering looking into a group trip.

None of us have done a group trip, so we are a little apprehensive (we are typically independent travellers). We did find a GAP trip that seems to fit well, but they may not be able to accommodate all 3 of us.

Do any of you have any recommendations on trips or tours? Or feeling of whether we can just make plans as we go along?

Thanks for your help!
Jan 17th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Go to www.cameltrekking.com (no personal experience, but I have heard good things). Check out http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34944264
Jan 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM

I did an Intrepid tour as part of my time in Morocco in November (trip report coming, really...) and I see they have Feb availability. I did the Comfort level tour, which was rather sedate. I'd suggest you look at an Original level tour - Basix can be a bit too basic.
Jan 18th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info - the trip report you linked to lizzybear was amazing!! Thanks for that - it is really made me even more excited!
Feb 7th, 2009, 01:33 PM

I have once again asked the editors to get rid of this advertising for Moussika. I agree, when it comes to Marrakesh tripadvisor is WORSE than useless.

travelbug - don't know if it will help, but my trip report for Morocco - part independent, part on an Intrepid tour - is in process here: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=35178037 and I'm happy to answer questions.

Have a great trip.
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:53 PM

When someone shows up only to post a glowing review of something - and more than one almost identical review - they are automatically suspect. Plus, this is the second set of posts pushing the Moussika in a week. Maybe you're sincere, in which case I apologize. But more likely not. If you're for real, how about a trip report?