single entry or double entry visa?

Feb 26th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

single entry or double entry visa?

Hello, I'm flying into Nairobi then go to Tanzania for a week, then go back to Nairobi for three days, then fly back. Do I need to pay the extra $50 dollars for multiple entry Kenya Visa? It seems so expensive to me. (
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

By the way, I also want to go to Zambia, therefore I need to enter Kenya three times, would single entry visa do?
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:57 PM
santharamhari

I think......the $50 is a multiple entry fee.......because most people use Nairobi as an entry point prior to going into Tanzania etc., and then have to return to Nairobi prior to heading back home.....

I will re-check this in my passport, when i get home later today...

Feb 27th, 2006, 04:49 AM
sandi

Just the $50 Single Entry visa.

The $50 will cover you for the overnight in NBO on arrival before continuing to Tanzania and the 3-days in NBO on the return.

And, if you do get to Zambia, then returning to NBO to connect with your homebound flight, you'll probably not even leave the secure area for transit passengers.

Feb 27th, 2006, 05:58 AM

Did Kenya and Tanzania last November. Single entry visa was fine. The visa is stamped 'single journey' so it allowed us to leave Nairobi, go to Tanzania, return to Kenya, leave the airport and go to dinner.
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:13 AM

A single entry Kenya visa is OK as long as you don't leave Kenya/Tanzania/Uganda, so when re-entering Kenya from Tanzania you should be fine, but since you're also going to Namibia and Zambia, you'll need either a multi entry ($100) or purchase a second single entry ($50) upon re-entering Kenya from those 2 countries.

There's also a transit visa for Kenya ($20) which you may qualify for if any of your stays in Kenya is short enough. And if you're just connecting intl to intl without entering the country, then you don't need another visa.

What's your exact schedule and flight/travel plans?
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

gosh, I just found out that Zambia embassy only issues multi entry visa to US passport holders, $100!!! What's the condition now? Would I be able to get a visa at airport? Thanks
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

I think I'll get a single entry visa for Kenya, thanks a million to all of u! Then I can get a transit visa for flight connection in Nairobi!

Search this Thread