Search

Single and going to Egypt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single and going to Egypt

Hi,

I am interested in going to Egypt in June 2009 for my birthday. I am going by myself (none of my friends can afford to go) and have always travelled with friends until now. Does anyone know of any singles/ group tours that go to Egypt? I am in my mid 40's and leaving from NY.

Thanks
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:25 AM

SDee,

Here are a few tour companies that you can research: Globus, Insight, Vantage, OAT, Odysseys Unlimited, and Adventures Abroad.

In April I'm going to Egypt with Vantage.

Good luck
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:05 AM

And there are companies based outside the USA (geez, fancy that) like Intrepid, Explore Worldwide, Peregrine, Exodus.

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to you both!
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:30 AM
dmlove

We recently had a private tour planned by Lady Egypt (headquartered in Cairo -- I didn't compare their price to any US operators, but I understand it's less expensive to do through an Egyptian company -- we just ran out of time). Anyway, LadyEgypt was great. Everything went smoothly. They did airport transfers (down to picking up one group and driving them from one terminal to the other in Cairo), bought all our entrance tickets, provided a terrific guide (Mahmoud), checked us in at each hotel, etc. They made all of our hotel reservations, trains, intra-Egypt flights, sightseeing, etc. I would highly recommend this company. We worked with Mohamed Kamel, all by email -- his English is outstanding. Others have worked with a woman named Amanda. Still others have had their trip arranged by a private guide named Ahmed, but he made the arrangements through Lady Egypt.

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:56 PM
P_M

A second vote for Lady Egypt. I am a 40-something woman who traveled alone to Egypt. I thought the single supplemnt supplement was quite reasonable compared with other tour companies and it was a great trip. LE offers both high and low end packages to suit any budget.