Shutterfly Photos - Mala Mala, Rattrays, Singita

May 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Shutterfly Photos - Mala Mala, Rattrays, Singita

After everyone's disappointment viewing the pictures on My Publisher, we have uploaded the images to shutterfly so thay can be more easily shared with you all.

BTW, the book produced by My Publisher is exceptional, far better than similar books produced by Shutterfly and others.

Here's the link.
http://elkesphotos.shutterfly.com/?a...r&linkid=link5
May 24th, 2008, 09:03 PM
bat

Matt:
Great pictures. Thanks. Leopard with kill in the tree--how do they do that!
May 24th, 2008, 09:59 PM

Napamatt,

You have some good shots there!

Cheers
Hari
May 25th, 2008, 01:25 AM

Hi Matt

Once again Elke, wonderful photos. Love the Reedbuck - a wonderful sighting!

The leopard cubs were cute and I always love zebra photos especially when drinking in a row.

At Singita, did they mention which leopards or lions you were viewing?

Kind regards

Kaye
May 25th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Kaye

The Leopard with the cubs was the Ravenscourt female. The male Lion was one of the Eyrefield Males, given a different name that I cant remember, though it had something to do with a private security firm in SA. The Lioness with sub adult male and small cub, I dont think we got her pride name.

Matt
May 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM

napamatt-

I was glad to find your photos this morning. What a treat to see my favorite cubs all healthy at Mala Mala as well as the photos of Rattray's #4. Every week I check on them, and breathe a sigh or relief that all nine have survived nearly a year.

Singita looked very nice and terrific photos of the leopards as well. Lucky you, I wish I was on a plane tommorrow!

Who were your guides at Mala Mala this trip?

Take care,

Shellcat

May 26th, 2008, 05:19 PM

I would like to do the "My Publisher" book after this next trip. I really liked it. I especially loved the leopard cubs! And the other favorite was the male lion at sunset (that is the Eyrefield male?) I was hoping it was the Rollercoaster Male.

Just read on the cyberdiary that the Styx pride has 2 new cubs (6 weeks old)! That brought new hope that I could have my first lion cub sighting soon.

Thanks Matt and Elke. <)
May 27th, 2008, 01:35 AM

Hi Matt

Thanks for that information. I do wonder about the Ravenscourt Female being the sister of the Kikilezi Female, which is what rangers at Londolozi believe. The sister was removed by Kruger vets around July 2003 but I am not sure where to, but I would have thought further afield than Singita or Londolozi. I thought other reserves called the Eyrefield Males, Mapago Males or something like that and I am not sure what that means.

Hi Carla,

Just read the new cyberdiary, and it looks like two lactating lionesses from the Styx Pride, but only one feeding and they seem to think a third one is pregnant as well. So maybe a few smallish cubs to be seen in June and July. Was hoping to hear about denning wild dog, but that doesn't seem to be the case as yet!

Kind regards

Kaye
May 27th, 2008, 07:37 AM

Hi Kaye,

Your safari is probably round the corner? When do you leave?

Have the dogs been in and out in recent weeks? About a month prior to actual denning, the dogs usually cover a lot of territory to check out different options for den sites and then eventually pick one! Hope they pick one in time for your visit and hopefully, it will be on their property like last year!

Rgds
Hari
May 27th, 2008, 07:47 AM

Elke:
Thank you for the pictures. We are planning a safari trip in Fall 2009??

What time of year did you go? What lens were you using for these photo's?

Thanks,
Linda
May 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM

Just looked at these again -- they are fabulous!!! You were lucky with all the babies at Singita! That little lion cub almost looked like he was posing.

Glad to hear the good report on the My Publisher book.
May 27th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

This trip was the beginning of April, we have also been in the months of Jan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct.

Lenses are Canon IS 28-300, and Canon IS 100-400
May 27th, 2008, 06:36 PM

What great pictures!!
May 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM

Hi Hari

I leave Sat 14 June and I am very excited. Cannot wait!

Kind regards

Kaye
May 28th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Kaye

My recollection was that the Leopard in question was moved to a private reserve further north, maybe Tom or Nils can confirm when you are there.

Matt
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:48 AM

hi napamatt

we are thinking of going to singita boulders for three nights as part of our honeymoon... would you recommend it? any tips on great rooms etc? we are going late march 09/ early april.. any idea what the weather is like then?

we have another 3 nights and would like to stay in a similar place (all wood, outdoorsy if possible... just incase you have suggestions.

looks like you had an amazing trip- cant wait!

thanks.
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:49 AM

sorry- have just seen that you have posted a trip report, will have a look now....
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:48 AM

Enjoyed your photos again! Good to know the difference between mypublisher and shutterfly photo book. Yesterday my dental hygienist shared her shutterfly photo book from Africa and it was awesome. I think Sundowner (Cindy) used mypublisher too and hers was very impressive. I am going to try this next time. <)
Jun 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM

The big a little tortoise photos were next to each other. Were these found together? A family?

I liked the reedbuck somewhat hidden in the--reeds.

Great waterhole shots.

Yet ANOTHER successful trip.

Search this Thread