Reload this Page >

Should we choose Zimbabwe or Botswana?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 02:03 AM
Celia

We've ben on safari once before,in Kenya,and we just loved it so much we've have to do it again. We're choosing between Zimbabwe and Botswana but would appreciate some advice. <BR>We want to experience the wilderness and great wildlife. We were very lucky with the amount of game we saw in Kenya,but there was occasionaly a bit too many other tourists around.

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 06:38 AM
Chrissy

Hi! I will be leaving for a honeymoon in Botswana in two weeks, so I can't give you first-hand info yet but will be happy to when I return. We chose Botswana as our destination due to the fact the the wildlife is supposedly plentiful, the crowds are sparse, and Botswana is very stable politically and relatively crime free. We will, of course, be in Zimbabwe for a couple days to view Victoria Falls. We are going with Ker & Downey, who are supposed to be one of the best (although they are very pricey), and they run several private camps that sound just wonderful. E-mail me at the end of April and I can fill you in on all the details - I'm sure I'll be dying to talk about it all!

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 09:36 AM
Lilian

My father owns a private safari ranch in Zimbabwe and I can tell you that you would not be disappointed. His ranch, Dingwall is a nice size (a 30 mile drive around the place) the lodge currently has 3 suites, a full time chef, housekeeping staff, groundsmen and guides. The manager can make <BR>any arrangements to accomodate your needs as well as off site tours of Vic Falls, Botswana and game parks. One hour drive from Bulawayo. <BR>Daily laundry and meals are included in your stay. <BR> <BR>If you are curious about this ranch or others like it please e-mail me. I will be happy to pass your info on, we have many friends with similar offerings as well.