Search

Sharm in February??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharm in February??

I am planning a 3 week trip to Egypt for late January /early Feb and want to end it with a few days in a beach resort, ideally Sharm. I have heard conflicting reports about the temperature then. Will it still be warm enough to snorkle and swim?

Has anyone stayed in the Four Seasons?
I am traveling with 2 kids (ages 11 and 7) and am looking for recommendations and advice for a great warm (21 degrees C/70 F a minimum....85 degreesF/ 28C ideal)destination. Kids club a plus.

Thanks
[email protected]
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 05:29 AM

In late Jan/early February temperatures are generally in the sixties. For some, this is more than warm enough to swim, for Egyptians, it's not even close to warm enough. May and June are generally my favorite times to travel to Egypt...maybe when you go back you can plan on going then??? You might also consider going to the Saini Penninsula, it might be a little warmer there.
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 05:40 AM

Bchen,
We have just returned from Sharm. We were at the beach from 8.30 am until 4 pm when the sun was disappearing behind the mountains. The day temp was around 28C, the seawater temp was 25C. Definitely warm enough to snorkel/scuba dive and get a very nice tan! I must say we had a half day with extremely cold wind but still could sit on the beach behind a windbreak. The sea was too rough though to swim or snorkel.
End Jan / early Feb might be a bit cooler but still warm enough to sunbathe and enjoy the sea. It's never cold in the Sinai peninsula.
We've been there in May which was way too hot for me (I live in Belgium, which explains a lot!) and I definitely prefer to go in December, even if the days are short.
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 12:59 PM

Bchen,
stayed at the Four Seasons in Sharm this May, and LOVED it! Very elegant, but casual at the same time. Great snorkeling right off the dock, and they can arrange dive trips too.
Not sure how the weather would be in January - I'm sure too cold for diving, though snorkeling for short periods at a time might be ok.
Old Dec 20th, 2003, 08:03 AM

The water temp never gets below 23C. With a 5 or 7 mm wetsuit it's perfectly possible to dive.