Search

Egypt tour guides

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt tour guides

2 women in 50's traveling to Egypt in the fall 2010. Has anyone heard of or used Wedjat Tours or Explore Egypt? Please comment on honesty reliability. Both have given us excellent plans and great to communicate with. Also any other company's recommended?
Thanks
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM

Would also like recommendations on tour companies/guides in Egypt. My mother and I are planning a 21 day trip to Egypt and Turkey beginning at the end of June 2010. We are currently working with a US company but after reading many posts on this blog I am questioning this. It seems that going directly through a local company or tour guide in Egypt and Turkey is the better option. Any suggestions and or experiences will be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 08:09 PM

Either Lady Egypt Tours or individual tours done by Debbie AKA Casual Cairo from this travel board who has her own travel agency in Cairo. Both according to many posters are excellent. We used Lady Egypt in December as we went to Egypt and Jordan.
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 03:21 AM

JLyons.. I went with Lady Egypt instead of a company in Australia because of the recommendations on this board. Saved me 50% of the tour price, and we don't have to travel in a big group, which I was not keen on.

Pisc... I haven't travelled with Lady Egypt, but in view of what was said on this board, AND their pricings... I would go with them and recommend them so far. (I deal with Amanda - an ex New Zealander, so she would understand if you have any concerns about being women travellers).
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM
P_M

I used Lady Egypt for my Egypt/Jordan tour and I would absolutely use them again if I am ever fortuante enough to return. Casual Cairo also gets rave reviews on several message boards.
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 05:17 PM

I used Casual Cairo and Debbie was terrific.

Here is her e-mail address:

[email protected]
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 05:24 PM

Note: when you click on armandomihai10's name - you don't get a profile page.

Another vote for Debbie! Although I didn't use her for tours (I didn't know about her when I lived there), I have met her and actually saw her on a tour with someone during my last visit.

Hi Percy!!!!
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 01:03 PM

We just came back from our first Egypt trip 2 weeks ago after booking with Wedjat... We were very happy with them.. They really took good care of us.. A very professional outfit.. We were a little concerned when booking because we couldnt find many reviews of them online.. but they ended up being fantastic.. every detail was taken care of for us.. we were never rushed, and were free to spend as much time as we wanted wherever we went. Our guide, Hares was always willing to spend time with us roaming around with us in the evenings. He also kept us from being taken advantage of a few times by some local businessmen.. I cant recommend Wedjat enough!