Search

Safari Operator

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2005, 06:41 PM
RLC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safari Operator

Hello - we are planning our first trip to Africa (so excited)and seem to like the itinerary that the Cheli and Peacock group provides. We can not seem to find anyone that has heard of the organization and they also require a deposit by wire. Please advise - thank you!
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 03:42 AM
sandi

RLC -

The Cheli family (originally from Italy) has been in Kenya since right after WWII. The family was asked to come over by the Kenyan government to try their hand at winegrowing. As it turned out, Papa Cheli felt the land was ideal for coffee growing and this is what they did... and having much more success then Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen) of "Out of Africa" fame.

Along the way they had two sons who were educated in Kenya. Eventually their son Stefano married Liz Peacock and so we have Cheli & Peacock.

They are one of the finest in-country outfitters in Kenya, owning the properties found in their website - Tortilis, Loisaba, Sabuk, Elsa's Kopje, Governor's, Mara Bush, Manda Bay, C&P mobile safaris, as well as involvement in many others in Kenya.

Many tour operators and in-country outfitters use C&P properties... you, apparently, went to them directly. So you've got an excellent company with which to plan your first safari.

Wires for deposits and final payment are not usual when dealing with in-country outfitters. It's easy enough to do. C&P will provide you with the information necessary for your bank to transfer the funds required. Costs per wire can run $15 - $50 depending on what your financial insitution charges. You're in reputable hands.

I saw your other post... looks good. When do you plan to take your safari?

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 04:43 PM
RLC
Original Poster

Thank you Sandi for the detailed info.

We feel very confident about the trip - just wanted some other advise. I LOVE the history you provided - so romantic!
We are looking at July 2005! - just a few months away. A trip I have been dreaming of since I was eight!

Thank you again for your help!
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 04:47 PM

Cheli & Peacock is a well known respectable establishment that I am surprised you have had difficulty confirming. But I never knew their whole history. Thanks for the background. Fascinating.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 10:09 PM

Hi,

I know of Cheli and Peacock, and as far as I am aware they are a reputable operation. I know they've been around for quite some time.

Have a great trip
Rob
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 03:21 PM

Another company to add to my growing list of operators! I will check them out as well.

Thank you.

Sandi - you really must post your whole bio - how do you know all of this stuff!!!