Search

Kenya & Tanzania safari

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2003, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenya & Tanzania safari

My husband and I plus our two daughters aged 14 &amp; 9 plan to go to Kenya &amp; Tanzania this summer for about 15 days. We are in communication with this company based in Nairobi - Eastern &amp; Southern Safaris www.essafari.co.ke<BR>We have made good progress and are particularly happy with the way they have handled our questions, and the fact that they are also very flexible not to mention the prices. Does any one have any comments about the company? The testimonials from past clients are quite something. Hope to get some input before we can make a decision.
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Anyone with a word about this company - Eastern &amp; Southern Safaris? I am about to book with them - they are based in Nairobi and so far look quite reliable. Testimonials from past clients are good too.<BR>We are more inclined to using a local company than one based in US or Europe. Say something guys!
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 06:24 AM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
Cate<BR>I don't know anything about them but I hope someone does because it looks like a great deal!<BR><BR>~Cindy
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 10:06 PM

Yes I do! I would have nothing but a glowing report for Eastern &amp; Southern Safaris, and especially Serah the manager. My boyfriend and I went on a 7 days Kenya safari with them in June last year and are still very excited about the experience. Kenya is a beautiful place - we visited Samburu, Lake Nakuru and offcourse Maasai Mara where we also did a balloon safari. Serah is very efficient and flexible from the first time you communicate on e-mail with her. She puts together great packages and they have great guides. Our guide all through the safari was Andrew and he was just great, knew literally everything. Before we decided on booking with the company, we asked for telephone/e-mail contacts of some past clients if just to be sure and that did help, all had great things to say about their experiences. Cate, I hope this helps. Ask for some references too that you can write to directly.<BR>
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 06:29 AM

Cate:<BR><BR>We didn't use your group, but we another group based in Nairobi - Suntrek (www.suntreksafaris.com).<BR><BR>We did everything with them via e-mail (from Canada) so had been a bit worried, but we did confirm that they were part of KATO &amp; then there was a brief reference to them in &quot;The Rough Guide to Kenya&quot; which aleviated our fears.<BR><BR>Everything for our trip went great, the people from Suntrek were amazing and it was a trip of a lifetime.<BR><BR>Z
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 10:46 AM

Hi TravelMaster, Another canadian,where are you from?