Sabi Sands/Timbervarti..low season

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going there for 2 weeks in August (wedding). We are going to Serengeti for 10 days in March (engagement) trying to fit 2 trip in at reasonable rates. Fiance never been to Africa so trying to show her a variety (will do Botswana another year)

From the various lodge sites it appears to be low season and they have reduced rates. Also from this site I see some lodges have further discounts for longer stays.
Anyone know of some good deals, value for money? Want to see a few different lodges to maximize the experience. Any ideas?
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:00 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Since you're interested in both Sabi Sands and Timbavati, have you considered combining two Seasons of Africa properties?

Kings Camp in Timbavati
http://www.kingscamp.com

Leopard Hills in Sabi Sands
http://www.leopardhills.com

These properties often have specials to combine two visits, but you'll need to go to the Seasons in Africa homepage to view them:
http://www.seasonsinafrica.com (click on "Specials&quot

Good luck!
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM

Since somebody has mentioned King's camp can I ask about the rooms there.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that each of the buildings are split into 2 rooms - ie. are semi detahced rather than detached. Is that correct?
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:12 AM

Hi Africa_Fan,

I haven't yet stayed at Kings Camp; I'll be there this September. So, unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. I'll try to find out from my travel agent though. If I get an answer, I'll let you know.

For the original poster, you may also want to consider a Kings Camp/Mala Mala combination. Both are good values so if Leopard Hills is a bit too spendy, consider Mala Mala as a solid option in Sabi Sands.

http://www.malamala.com
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM

I have stayed at Kings Camp twice and going back in Sep 2008 for 8 nights. (I hope chef Himmler is still there ). Anyway, both my prior visits were in small "buildings" that split into two very nicely decorated huts. Each with its own porch and entrance. However, there may also be a hut or two that are single huts, I'm not sure. Call them at the camp and ask, the manager is Warren Moore if you want to talk with him about reserving a hut.

Hey LCB - I'm going to be at KC Sep 4-11, then to Ngala for 8 nights. You?

regards - tom
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM

Hi there

As you are a trying to work on a busget have you considered Tanda Tula and Nottens, thesy have great winter specials and are really warm and romatic for honeymoons and weddings. As they are privatly owned the staff are wonderful and warm, I think this would be a wonderful package.