Anyone knows about Rosslyn house, location& cost of dinner there
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never heard of it .

Is there another name for it !
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Original Poster

I have gathered the following details but still not succeeded in getting the location;

Rosslyn House”, a local home built in 1919 and is one of the most attractive houses in Nairobi from the colonial times. Built by Andy Anderson, a famous ‘White Hunter’ whose clients included The Prince of Wales (later Duke of Windsor) who visited the house on several occasions. There are many interesting features in the house, including the original mark made by Andy Anderson to record his “Record Height of Elephant”.
Set in four acres of beautiful, mature garden, the house also has its own kitchen garden, a herd of Jersey cattle along with chickens, ducks and geese. Your meal will therefore be made from these home produced, organic ingredients.
Your Hostess, Sonia Ryrie has lived in Kenya for fifty years. One of her first experiences in Africa was as a film ‘stand in’ for Ava Gardner while ‘Mogambo” was being made with Clark Gable and Grace Kelley.
Sonia collects African books and has a wide knowledge of Kenya and its history. She settled in Kenya after marrying Brian Ryrie whose parents were among the pioneer settlers in Kenya – arriving in 1920. She is involved in many activities including singing in the Cathedral Choir and the East African Women’s League
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM

Are you "in Kenya" ?
Are you planning a trip to Kenya (Nairobi)?

I'd think any reputable tour operator in Nairobi should know where this is and be of some assistance.

Nothing much, but the school and real estate comes up with a Google search! Maybe the house is on the ground where the school is located. Or, as Karen Blixen's original coffee plantation, broken up into small lots and private homes built on what was once belonging to Rosslyn.
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 10:21 AM

yes hi Sonia Ryrie is my mum, how can I help? house is in Thigiri Ridge area and my mum's email is [email protected] and her phone no is +254 7288 52063. Bruce Ryrie
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM

WSe had dinner at Rosslyn Houswe with Sonia Ryrie and her friend Vicki in early September. She is delightful -- charming, erudite, veddy English and a wonderful hostess. I can't tell you how much it cost because it was included in our package, but whatever it is, it is well worth it.
Lynda Miller