Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Want a good laugh...check out this "game lodge".....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ngala.net/<BR><BR>I am not usually a violent person and would like to even go as far as considering myself a pacifist, but anybody that goes to this place deserves to be slapped! <BR><BR>This place is NOT to be confused with Ngala Game Lodge in Kruger National Park, even though some of the travel agents who look down on Kruger/Sabi Sand that I have been talking to would lead you to believe that there is little difference between the two:<BR><BR>http://www.ngala.co.za<BR><BR>Well...if I cannot afford Africa, I could always go to Ngala in Florida before hopping on a bad weeklong caribbean cruise that will cost the same for one week as one night would cost at a nice game lodge!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 09:19 AM

Not everyone is as fortunate as you and I, Rocco. For those who can never hope to visit Africa, it is a better show than a zoo with it's tiny animal pens and bars. The man who put it together seems to have done so for all the best reasons. Me thinks you are a tad too harsh, but in your harshness, you have done them a big favour as I am sure there are others like myself who have gone to their site to see what has gotten your dander up.<BR>Karen
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 10:07 AM

Rocc, I had come acorss Ngala when I was researching &quot;safari&quot; connections for a family affair we were having. Actually I think this is a party venue for functions and social events.<BR> I was only sorry that we are not closer to Florida as it would have been a perfect venue for our &quot;safari- themed&quot; party.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 10:11 AM

Rocco<BR>What angers you?<BR>The existence of such a place or that it's taken it's name from the real lodge in Africa?<BR>If it's the latter, consider that they may actually have permission as the original Ngala may view it as a marketing aid.<BR>Kavey
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Well, I guess that I am just at the end of the day I am just one big travel snob. <BR><BR>I just see this as another excuse for Americans NOT to explore further than North America. <BR><BR>Why go to Paris or Venice when you have the Paris Hotel and the Venetian Hotel right in Las Vegas???<BR><BR>I just think that Americans would be more tolerant towards other cultures if they ever bothered to get off their bum and see the world.<BR><BR>I don't see how Ngala is any better than having an elephant or lion in a circus.