Reservations needed for Morocco?

Feb 18th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Reservations needed for Morocco?

My husband and I are going to Morocco the end of September through early October (19 days). We were wondering if we will need reservations for middle of the road type hotels basiclly we need clean rooms with private bathrooms. We are leaning towards going to Fes, Marrakech, Essaouira, plus a few days trekking around Imil and a night or two in the desert. We are flying in and out of Casablanca and will make reservations for our first and last nights. We have travelled around Greece lots of times with no reervations and like the freedom of winging it and just wondering if it's wise in Morocco we both are fluent in French but speak no Arabic. Thanks for any suggestions about our trip.
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Ben

We are currently planning a trip to Morocco, and friends of ours have told us that they did not have difficulty finding places to stay as they traveled through the country.
Have you found reasonable flights to Casablanca? We will be traveling from the Northeastern U.S. and we are looking for the best rates possible.
Feb 18th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply Ben, we are flying on frequent flyer points out of Atlanta, we're flying Air France connecting through Paris. I had looked earlier at Royal Air Maroc's prices out of Montreal and New York were in the $700 to $800 range. If you live in a larger city with Moroccan or North African community I would try a travel agent that specializes with them, I say this because I'm always shocked at the ticket prices my husband's family can get for tickets to Greece during peak season through travel agents.
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:25 AM
car

Trish
I have travel several times to Morrocco in the past years and except during new years eve and eastern holidays that becomes a favorite destination for Southern Europeans i have not found difficult to wing around the country.
Sometimes you have to be flexible in your idea and theirs about a clean bathroom, but this could happen with or without reservation. The obviuos advantage without is that you can go
elsewhere.
French will be good enough for Morrocco,must of the people are bilingual, as if you speak arabic but not their particular dialect, you will find difficult talking to must of them.
Feb 20th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Car, shouls I start to mentally prepare myself for scary bathrooms, I can handle lots of things but I must admit I do like a decent bathroom and it doesn't have to be fancy.
Thanks

Search this Thread