Private Tour Companies

Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private Tour Companies

Hello! My husband and I are fairly seasoned travelers..we have never taken a tour over the years. We want to go to Israel without a formalized tour. Is that crazy? we would like to arrange our own transportation over there and secure some names of very, very good and reliable private tour companies when we are there. If anyone can give us some names of private tour companies to use, we would appreciate it. We want to tour Israel for about 8 days..Is that enough time? Thanks for the info...
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 06:54 PM

i looked into your query because i posted a question similar to yours, but as my destination is Africa, i would suggest you note the location of your intended trip.
but as i myself tend to travel independently, and was in Israel over 10 years ago, i feel that it is definitely a country you can do on your own, and i hope you get some info, but i would definitely put israel in the heading.
While Israel is about the size of NJ, i spent over a week there, and was only in Jerusalem, Masada (overnight), and a trip to Eilat.(2nights) never getting to the north or Tel Aviv.
have a nice trip
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

I meant to put ISRAELI PRIVATE TOURS COMPANIES in the heading of my Post. I hope I can now get a few replies. Thanks!
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 11:13 AM

many people do israel on their own or with private guide- in fact the guides are amazing. most travel agents can set you up easily with someone. the quality is superb- in toronto, peerless travel specializes in this
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 12:26 PM

Israel is small and you can divide your time between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and from each do day-trips arranged thru your hotel or private guide if references are provided here. Even a good guidebook on Israel will life guides or in-country tour operators.

If really adventurous, with a good road system, English road signs, though crazy drivers, you can rent a car and DIY. Many guidebooks have road maps for an idea of distances.

From TLV - heading north to Caesearea, Haifa, Acco, Safed

From JER - besides a city tour, old & new, there's Massada and Ein Gedi to the south. You won't have time for Eilat with only 8/days.

Depending on whether you're interested in Jewish or Christian sites, these can be incorporated from either TLV or JER.

Do a search on this board for "Israel" where there are posts that do include tour operators or guides that some have used.

There are some tour operators
- Isram Tours, our of NYC
- Gate 1, out of suburb of Phila, PA
that in addition to traditional tours, can do 3-4/day packages out of each city. You can find each online, but if you have a brick/mortar travel agency nearby, they likely have brochures you can review.

Good luck.