Power Plugs for Kruger.

Jun 20th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Power Plugs for Kruger.

Hi, I am going to Kruger in 8 weeks and I would like to know what power plugs you need in Kruger. Are they the 3 big round pins! Could somebody help me please.
Also does anybody know how long it would take to drive from Shingwedzi to Elephant Plains in one day.?
Jun 20th, 2009, 02:14 PM

As far as I know most places do use the round 3-prong plugs, although some places may also use straight-edged 3-prong plugs. I take each of those. Don't know if you're actually going to Kruger or to camps in the Sabi Sand, but many, if not most, of the camps will have plugs for you to use.

Steve
Jun 20th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Kruger National Park I believe has the large 3 pin plugs like you say. In Kruger Park there are camp "general stores" that sell outlet adapters if you don't have one or forget it. Like sdb2 said, at least some private camps such as MalaMala, Ngala, Kings Camp have both types, that SA and the USA type outlet.

regards - tom
Jun 21st, 2009, 07:28 AM

Vicki...I will be looking forward to a trip report about your time in Kruger and at Elephant Plains. We are doing a similar trip in Oct . Am anxious to hear about the different camps and your expierences there. You can contact us at [email protected] if you are not doing a trip report. Thanks karen
Jun 21st, 2009, 03:13 PM

I just noticed a solar "recharger" at Costco for about $50. I'm strongly thinking about getting one to take with us in October. I need to do a bit more studying about it, but it looks as if it might be quite helpful.