Search

payment for tours in Eygpt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2007, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
payment for tours in Eygpt

Didn't get a response from previous message re tours in Egypt.

Looking for anyone with past experience with tour operators. We have booked with Noga Tours and they want cash payment upon our arrival at the hotel. In return we will be given vouchers. We just want to know how safe this is??? Also, about the food, I have read about the water and only to use bottle water. I have a 6 year old girl, and don't want to spoil the trip for her with illness.

Thanks...

Di551
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 03:40 AM

Here is a response from sandi from another thread. It should answer your question about money issues.

Author: sandi
Date: 04/07/2007, 06:00 pm

Many posters here have used Egypt Highlights. As to the cash, it's quite usual for many of the in-country outfitters to request cash. This usually wired to the outfitter, whether Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, others; even their US reps often request cash to keep prices competitive thus avoiding the surcharges for credit card use.

Some outfitters want cash deposits, then you can pay by credit card on arrival; others allow credit card deposit, but final payment by cash. Others are strictly cash, as above. It varies.

Do a seach on this board re wiring funds or cash payments and you'll see this is usual form or payment. Don't recall anyone claiming they didn't get the service they booked or a company disappearing with their money.

As for the food - yes, stick to bottled water for everything (even brushing teeth). In general, to be safe, avoid any fruits or veggies that you haven't peeled yourself, and avoid lettuce and other leafy veggies. Most of the hotels (can't remember on the Nile cruise ship) had pasta stations that always made my kids happy.

RE Noga Tours, I did a quick search of the forum and the only references to that company are a few years old. Nothing recent that I could find.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 05:38 AM

In additional to Grc's posting: be careful with ice cubes and ice in general, especially when you're travelling in the summer. Ice-cold food (or drinks) are not at all good for a heated body.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the information, it has helped us alot. Appreciate your time. We'll just have to let the adventure begin...

Di551 (Australia)
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 09:37 PM

The only person on my tour in Egypt who didn't have any trouble at all with the tommy was drinking only beer. Everyone else had a day or more of something icky. The rest of us drank only bottled water and were very careful about ice cubes, fresh fruit etc. Interesting thought. AND this guy is not a drinker. He just figured that beer is clean and you never know about the water. I don't recommend this for a child though. Just expect a down day, maybe two. Plan for it and consider yourself lucky if it doesn't happen. Like Sandi, I remember the great pasta on the ship too. Go for it, Egypt is worth it, but I wouldn't personally take a 6 year old to Egypt. that's just a bit ypoung to appreciate the wonders and do all that walking in the heat. Wait 'til they are 15! My 2 cents worth.