Nile cruise

Aug 14th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Nile cruise

My wife and I have just returned from a Viking Rhine cruise and are thinking about doing a Nile cruise. Viking is one option but there are others. Can anyone recommend an upscale cruise line for the Nile?
Aug 15th, 2018, 08:08 PM
dcd

I recommend the smaller sailboat offered by Djed Travel. We did the 3 night sail from Aswan to Luxor last November and it was one of the highlights of the trip, which is saying something given all there is to see there. Djed's boats will sail regardless of how many passengers are signed up, which isn't the case with the competitors. Check out this company's reviews on TA. But sailboats are not upscale. The cabins were small, the power was turned off in the room after breakfast until dinner, but it didn't matter. Didn't need it.
Aug 16th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestion, but we are looking for an all inclusive cruise experience. Viking offers this but we were hoping some of you out there had actually used a cruise line on the Nile and could share thoughts and recommendations.
Aug 18th, 2018, 08:42 AM

The Nile portion of our 10 day Tour with Memphis Tours was wonderful. We ran into other Nile cruisers while in port who had been booked on lesser quality boats. They were ready to vacate the boat for land accommodations. Memphis was top notch all the way.