Search

Ngala Main Camp?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ngala Main Camp?

We are going to South Africa in the Fall and would like feedback from anyone who has been to Ngala Main Camp.
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 12:17 PM
santharamhari

Hi! just do a search in the little search box above.....you will find lots of info and probably some recent trip reports from ngala.

Hari

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 04:33 PM
cw

wkwb,

We stayed at Ngala Tented in September, Different camp but same wildlife driving area. My report is at
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34898193

We loved the Ngala area, and our camp was wonderful.

CW
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 02:21 PM

Hi,

I have stayed at Ngala Main on only one previous occasion, but am just trying to add it to one of my trips for a return visit this year. We were very lucky with our game viewing and despite being there for only 3 nights, had lion kill, leopard kill and cheetah plus the big 5 numerous times over. Lodge is very nice and food was excellent. I see from one of your other posts that you are also asking about Mala Mala. I visit Mala Mala at least 3 times each year and it is by far my favourite safari destination. The management is second to none, game viewing and rangers superb and I'm sure that you will love the accommodation - all unbeatable in my opinion. Have fun - I'm sure you won't be disappointed at either location.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanx so much, tana1, for your prompt response. We were very happy to hear your favorable report on Ngala main camp! You are the only person who has written about that exact lodge. Happy to hear that the game viewing was excellent, as well as the food and accomodations. Also, we are glad that you recommend Mala Mala (main camp?) so highly, since you go there at least 3 times a year!! I trust that the food and accomodations are also excellent/comparable there. This is our first trip to Africa (Sept./Oct.).
It is wonderful to know that we have selected fine places because we hadn't gotten any specific feedback or details on these lodges. Again, many thanks. We appreciate your descriptions and thoughts.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 03:46 AM

Yes, the accommodation and food at Mala Mala (Main) is also excellent - you have no worries there. The game viewing and certainly the leopard viewing, should, in principle, be better there than at Ngala.

You have chosen an excellent time of year as well from a game viewing perspective. It is close to the end of the dry season, so the bush should have thinned out making for easier sightings. It does mean that it can look quite dry and is slightly dusty at times, but the pay-off in terms of animals is well worth it - animals also have to congregate closer to sources of more permanent water at that time of year, thus hopefully making them easier to find. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanx so much again for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us. All you said surely reassures us about our choices,etc. We appreciate all hints.