Search

New Botswana Camp - Linyanti Bushcamp

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Botswana Camp - Linyanti Bushcamp

http://www.africanbushcamps.com/bush...anti-bush-camp

The webpage with photos for the new Linyanti Bushcamp is now up. The nearest camp to Linyanti Bushcamp is Kings Pool (30 kilometers away) so it seems to be in a very exclusive area.

I will spend my first three nights in Botswana at this camp and will be there in just three short weeks from now!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 02:41 PM

Are you a travel agent?

I think you might be. Isn't this advertising?

Are you paying for your stay or going there for free?

I know on other travel boards, a post like this would have been removed.

Peterman
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 02:45 PM

Rocco is letting us all know about this new camp, not advertising his travel business. We all like to hear of new camps/lodges but don't always get the newsletters and info that the agents get. i don't consider it advertising unless he is promoting his business.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 03:07 PM

I think that is a matter of judgement.

I think that one is promoting one's business if one is staying for free and then talking a place up before the trip.

Yet, I see your point, though.
As long as you know where the information on new lodges is coming from, there doesn't seem to be much harm in it.

Yet for people who don't read this board regularly, it's very hard to tell who is a pro and who is a traveler. I see some people identify themselves and some choose not to.

I suggested in a separate post that TAs and consultants do themselves a favor and say so. Who does it hurt to be aboveboard about it?

I posted on this separately.

Thanks for pointing out that most people are aware of the OP's role and therefore not suceptible to advertising, however subtle.

I appreciate the helpfulness, but would also appreciate knowing where it's coming from.

Peterman
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM

Speaking only for myself whether or not the person posting the information is an agent or not makes no difference to me. They are not saying ' I am so and so and my agency name is." If I am looking for information and someone in the know has information I want to hear about it. I can't quite figure out how passing on new information becomes a conflict of interest. For my part, those that are agents and those who are not, have been extremely helpful in planning my trip. Then it is up to me to select with whom I ultimately work.

Also I have friends who are TA's and they never go anywhere for free. They may go on familiarization tours and pay less, but never free.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 06:22 PM
santharamhari

Peterman,

If you dont read these boards often enough, i recommend reading the archived threads to catch upto speed.

Can we please stop the finger pointing in every possible post, in every possible thread???

Thanks
Hari

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM

Peterman: Thank goodness this is not another board where good information would be removed because I am very appreciative when someone takes the time to post info on a new camp in one of my favorite areas of the world. I simply don't have time to find everything on my own.

I'd also emphasize that your statement of not being able to tell who is a pro and who isn't is exactly what the rules of the Fodors board is trying to accomplish. In my view this would only be advertising if Rocco had an ownership stake in this lodge or was saying contact me to book this lodge. Like any internet community if you are active here you will quickly learn who has built up good reputations.

Rocco -- thanks for posting. The camp is in an interesting location and I look forward to your report on the game viewing. With a new camp the wildlife may not be too habituated yet but then with Chobe and the other Linyanti camps it may well be. I like the rustic look and feel of the camp.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 09:43 PM
santharamhari

Adding to Bill's post....i think proximity to Chobe and Kings Pool = lots of elephants in the dry season....

and yeah, a new added dimension to WS,Kwando and LE in the general region/area........

Hari

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

Also, I am proud to be supporting a Zim owned company in African Bushcamps, owned (at least partially) by two black Zim nationals, Beks & Sophia, who also are hands on management.
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

This just sent to me by African Bushcamps:

BOTSWANA GREEN SEASON SPECIAL 2006/2007
6 NIGHTS BOTSWANA SAFARI

Enjoy an amazing safari experience in Botswana's green season for six nights in the Kalahari at Nxai pan and Linyanti area. Nxai pan in the green season boasts of large herds of zebra, gemsbox, springbok, cheetah and lion in the vast expanses of the desert savanna, whilst Linyanti offers you some opportunities to see unique wildlife such as aardvark, wild dogs, great walking experiences and big herds of buffalo amidst the Linyanti marsh.

Itinerary at a Glance:

Day 1 - Road transfer from Maun to Nxai pan, where you will stay for three nights on our luxury mobile camping safari.

Day 4 - depart Nxai pan for Maun where you will transfer by light aircraft to Saile airstrip where you will be met by Linyanti Bush Camp guides for 3 nights Linyanti Bush Camp.

Day 7 - Depart Linyanti Bush Camp by light air transfer for Kasane airport where the safari ends.

COST PER PERSON NET - US$2458

This is all inclusive of accommodation, all meals, parks fees, activities, drinks and road and light air transfers as stated in the itinerary.

CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
Guaranteed departure minimum 4 people, and travel is limited from November 1st, 2006 until 31st March 2007. Safari can run in reverse order i.e. starting in Kasane.

Please contact us for a detailed itinerary. Happy safaris and we look forward to hearing from you.
Beks Ndlovu
CEO & Marketing - African Bush Camps
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 04:47 AM

I love the rustic-lux look of this camp.
Would you mind sharing the rates if you have them?
Thanks
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 09:13 AM

Rocco thanks for sharing info. We very much appreciate your contributions to this Board.