Need to see Falls from both sides?

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to see Falls from both sides?

Been booked on two tours of the falls - one for $30 pp, shared tour, 2 hours, from the Zambian side. Then also rec'd a booking for a shared tour from the Zim and Vic. falls side. Cost is $98 pp for 3-4 hours (includes the park fees and visa). Is it so different from the other side? What is the name of the park about 20 min. away that has rhinos?
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:25 AM

If you are visiting Victoria Falls then I think it is definitely worthwhile seeing both sides of the falls- they are quite different views.

The name of the park with the Rhinos in it on Zambia sie is Mosi-Oa-Tunya Nat Park.

If you can afford it - it is really worthwhile doing a microlight flight over the falls. You can arrange this at the small airport between Livingstone and Victoria Falls on Zambia side. However, it is very dependant on weather and very early morning is the best time.

Have a great time.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:39 AM

Yes, one should see the falls from both sides to appreciate the full vista and magnificence of the falls.

I'm not sure why you are taking a tour though. Are you staying far from the falls? the pricing that you have been given is not unreasonable. However if you are staying near the falls, you don't neeed a tour, and will save yourselves a bit of money.

For the Vic side, you just need to pay entrance fees. You don't really need any commentary.

To see the Zambian side, there is a long walk over the bridge, you have to go through immigration and then a fee at the Zambian side.

When you arrive at Vic Falls airport get a multiple entry visa which will cover your entry back to the Zim side after seeing the falls on the Zambian side.

And my final piece of advice, keep your money and valuables in a belt pack under your clothes.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Original Poster

Raver thank you for the name of the park and your thoughts. Have you been to that park? Is it worth the trip for people who will go on to spend about a week in 4 excellent game lodges?
Waverly, are you worried about safety on the Zim side only? Or also on the Zambia side (where we'll be staying)?
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 01:23 AM

Hi Clematis

I have not visited the park - I suppose it really depends on what you compare it to. You can probably do a few hours excursion to the park which you can arrange in Livingstone.

It is only a small park. I flew over it in microlight and saw elephants and rhinos and other wildlife... but we saw also elephants so close up crossing the road on the way to Vic Falls from Livingstone - which is a common occurance.

On the same trip I also visited the Etosha in Namibia - which was excellent and the Kruger - and saw all the wildlife you could imagine, Rhinos in both game reserves.

Hope this is of some help.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 09:37 AM
DE

How far away is the Chobe Chilwero Lodge in Botswana from the Victoria Falls area and can we easily do a day trip from there to see the Falls, etc? Have 5 days at the lodge so will have lots of time. What would be the best way to do this type of excursion. Thanks.

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 09:40 AM
DE

How far away is the Chobe Chilwero Lodge in Botswana from the Victoria Falls area and can we easily do a day trip from there to see the Falls, etc? Have 5 days at the lodge so will have lots of time. What would be the best way to do this type of excursion. Also would these type of arrangements require pre booking or can we just wait until we are there and would the Lodge be able to arrange this for us. Thanks.