Search

Mysterious disappearance?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mysterious disappearance?

Earlier today I posted a NYTimes article (with attribution) on the upcoming election in Kenya. This post seems to have disappeared! Have I simply lost it (or "lost it", if you will) or was it removed?
J
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM

Don't remember seeing it. What was the title?
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Something like NYTimes Article on Kenya elections.
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Hari - I just reposted with the title "NYTimes Article on Keny elections Too Partisan for this forum?" It was there - and then it was gone again! Maybe they'll put it back now.
Jess
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Well, now they've put it back. Either they are Gaslighting me,or have thought better of it.
J
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM

Hi Jess-

Just thought I would let you know why it was probably deleted - in the forum rules it does state that we cannot cut and paste excerpts from printed matter, or published matter or something like that. I would assume due to copyright laws.

No problem on opinions or content, but it has to be in our words. We can post links though to a printed source.

On another note I see you got your Micato duffle - how exciting!!! I envy you, I wish we were 'meeting' you there and could be on this trip with you! That would be so awesome to meet some of your safari mates via internet forum beforehand. Hey that gives me a good idea....

So what do you think - can you fill the duffle?? Did you get your flashlights too, they are awesome, we use them all the time here at home too.
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

And the flashlight batteries were included! Now that's really a classy touch. Right after my houseguests leave on New Years, I am going to start experimenting with packing, especially since I'll have a backpack which is small, but I am not used to it, and hope to ditch my usual kitchen-sink shoulder bag, for a small cross-body bag. Can the duffle go on board, or must it be checked?
Geez I wish you were on my trip, but I know we will meet someday somewhere. As to the other thing, you are probably right, but I have posted full articles before - one was on insurance a while back, when some companies started to include certain repatriation features.
Jess