Mount Kilimanjaro tour operators ?

Dec 23rd, 2018, 02:33 AM
Original Poster

Mount Kilimanjaro tour operators ?

Hi all

I hope some if you are able to give fellow travelers, OPs and others a bit of guidance, I climbed Mt Kilimanjaro early November this year (2019) , Using one of local owned tour company and it went great ,using Lemosho route 8 days after lots of months planning and communicating with my operator. He and the team was great !!

Along the way i met a couple who didn't summit claiming their guide was the reason. In my opinion i don't think they were right to blame their guide, i think it take plenty of planning, research and trust to make a Kili adventure possible.

THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO MAKE THEIR KILIMANJARO ADVENTURE A STRESS FREE EXPERIENCE.

It would be great if you can share good and/or bad experiences regarding your agency of choice so as others can make a final decision,

Thanks for taking the time to help!

(Be Kind)
Dec 26th, 2018, 05:15 AM

Feel bad for the couple, perhaps another time they will, As most who don`t successfully summit returns for the second shot at it.

I did trek mt Kilimanjaro via 6 days machame route with two days safari in Lake Manyara and Tarangire national park.

Marangu is an excellent way to summit mt Kilimanjaro, while staying in comfortable huts rather than tents.

I think you have a point there, planning is essential.... But also training and mental stamina of an individual !! i read somewhere that "Training to climb Kilimanjaro is as much about your physical endurance as it is about your mental stamina". Remember you will be trekking 5 to 10 miles a day in sometimes extreme conditions.

For me it took nearly 1 month.......Training, communicating back-and-forth with my operator, arranging gears and asking questions.

Plus, Never underestimate how hard summit night is...Probably the toughest part of climbing Kilimanjaro !!

Last edited by samhey; Dec 26th, 2018 at 05:51 AM.