mosquito repellant and Egypt

Mar 15th, 2001, 07:36 AM
michele

mosquito repellant and Egypt

We will be in Egypt in early April. I have been told to be sure and pack mosquito repellant, both the spray and a lotion.

Hew necessary is this? I hate to pack anything that isn't needed , but,althought they love me, I HATE mosquitoes.

Michele

Mar 16th, 2001, 09:11 AM
CHARLIE

The only time we needed repellant on our trip was the nights that we attended the sound and light shows at the Pyramids and Karnak Temple.

Mar 16th, 2001, 01:46 PM
fran

We got back Wed., 13 Mar from Luxor. We had no problems at all with bugs. Was also in Egypt in Jan., again no problem with bugs. You may want to pack a can just in case you go into country side, etc.

Mar 17th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Myriam

Have once been to Egypt in March for a cruise on the Nile, another time in May at the Red Sea. Not seen one single mosquito on both trips. I think late summer (Sept/Oct) is mosquito-time.

Mar 17th, 2001, 07:21 AM
michele

Thanks to all. You've made me feel a lot better. I'll bring some , just in case, but not an arsenal.

M.

Mar 17th, 2001, 01:09 PM
x

Hate to disagree, but I was eaten alive in Cairo the first night I arrrived - they love me too, anywhere I travel the come to see me by the busload!

Might be a problem with the time of year - I was there in late August which may be their high season!

I am violently allergic to mozzie bites and I got so many that my left foot swelled up like a football and I hobbled through the next two weeks.

I now travel everywhere with the "DEEP WOODS" mozzie spray as nothing else seems to work for me. Also bring a product called "bite" i think (can anyone help)- it smells like pure ammonia and it is in a pen-like mechanism - it dries the bite immediately and stops it swelling. I also (now) bring a cortozone cream with me!

Despite all appearances I am honestly NOT a hypocondriac, but I HATE MOZZIES!!!

Mar 27th, 2001, 10:26 AM
wagy

hi x: how are you now i hope that you are ok ,but i want to ask you that you was sleeping in streets or some
thing,my friend we all know that mosquito is not much found in Egypt

Mar 30th, 2001, 04:44 AM
Karen

We were in Egypt from Alexandria to Abu Simbel, including Nile cruise, the 1st two weeks in April and didn't see a single mosquito. Have a terrific trip!!

Apr 1st, 2001, 04:08 PM
Don

Just did Egypt March 16-29th was at the light and sound show at both Luxor and Giza Pyramids and saw NO mosquitos - they usually love me.

Apr 5th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Patricia

DON'T leave home without it! We were there in November and I am considered a mosquito delicacy, so I took Deep Woods Off. We were very lucky, however. I got 3 bites one day on the cruise and that is all. We even kept our hotel balcony door open at all times except when we were out of the room or sleeping and had no trouble. But I think we just lucked out. Probably less mosquitoes in November and it may have been a more mosquito-free November than usual. I have heard some horror stories. As I said, we were just lucky. Don't take the chance.

Search this Thread