Mauritius resort question

Jul 1st, 2004, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Mauritius resort question

We are trying to decide between the Oberoi or the Prince Maurice for our honeymoon. FYI, We will also be staying at the Lemuria in Seychelles. Any suggestions?
Jul 1st, 2004, 07:41 AM

How long in each place, what time of the year, how many people, ages, what are you interested in, what is your budget?
< Any suggestions?> Regarding what?
Jul 1st, 2004, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough. We can't pick between the Oberoi and the Prince Maurice and need help making up our minds. We will be there in late November for 5 nights. We are in our early 30's and on a honeymoon. Want a quiet place with decent snorkeling and beach. We can afford to stay at either place (in a Junior suite).
Thanks!
Jul 4th, 2004, 04:05 AM
j2

We were advised that the Oberoi just had a fire and is closed. We were supposed to go to the Seychelles and Air Seychelles cancelled our flight--so we rebooked to Mauritius--Le Prince is the only Realis & Chateaux propert on Mauritius--we will be there in twoo weeks and I will give you a report. I think the owners of Le Prince are the same as Lemuria. I heard that the other really nice propert on mauritius Le Saint Geran has more kids and feels more busy---enjoy your honeymoon
Jul 4th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks J2. I'd love to hear about your trip when you return. Have a great time!
Jul 4th, 2004, 06:08 AM

The small fire at the Oberoi was last year and they have been open for at least 5 months.

Search this Thread