Masi Mara to Nairobi

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 08:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Masi Mara to Nairobi

Hi,
I need to know the times planes leave Masi Mara for Nairobi ..trying to book internationals flights - does anyone know the name of the airlines
thank you
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 03:44 AM

We flew a small plane carrying ten passengers at most from Nairobi to our camp's airstrip. I think it was a DeHavilland Otter, twin prop. The roads looked very bad. Pilot said they had been washed out in many spots. So a plane was the only practical way to make the trip; this was in November.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 05:03 AM
sandi

There is daily service from NBO/Mara and Mara/NBO

Lv. NBO 10am, Ar. Mara 11am
Lv. NBO 2:45pm, Ar. Mara 3:45pm

Lv. Mara 11am, Ar. NBO 12:15pm
Lv. Mara 3:45pm, Ar. NBO 5pm

The above times aren't always exact, can vary depending on how many stops/pick-ups/paxs to be made (there are a number of airstrips at the Mara).

Type of equipment can also vary depending on number of paxs. We've been on small 6-seaters, to large 19-seaters - all props.

The above schedule is for '05 run by Air Kenya. Fares run in the range of $108 - $111 O/W. R/T fares range at $190 - $196, and all dependent on season; taxes might be applicable, but they're not a lot.

Depending on where you are staying some camps can arrange alternate schedules and/or private charters for guests.

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

Thank you so much for the information now I can go ahead and book my flights
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:47 AM

We just came home from Nairobi this week. Even if you have a flight time from Masi Mara, it may not apply! When we arrived at the "airport" (literally a shack with a dirt runway and an elephant across the road), the plane was no where in sight. After waiting an hour and a half and missing our commection to Tanzania, we were told no problem. The plane finally arrived (Air Kenya), our names were checked off a list(no tickets or boarding passes) and we flew to Wilson Airport. Sure enough, our flight to Tanzania was still waiting for us. A quick stamp in the passport and we were on our way again, nearly 2 hours late!!!
I would not have missed this experience for the world!!!
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:36 PM
sandi

rolngstn - Welcome Home and glad to hear you had a wonderful experience. Flights take of whenever, and get wherever whenever, and no worries! Welcome to EAT (East Africa Time) - amazing, isn't it.