Mali photo gallery and tourist attractions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mali : an adventurous journey exciting and heartwarming carried out between December 2013 and January 2014

Beautiful travel experience: 9 travelers with 3 jeep + 3 drivers and 1 leadership ( 1 week 1500 km with 8 broken tires and 2 cover-up )

To see my photo gallery click on the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodi...7639469950485/

> Djenné is located on an island in the river Bani and the Grand Mosque symbol of the city is built in Sudanese-Sahelian style is authentically spectacular ( is the largest mud building in the World ). I suggest to visit Djenne on monday because it is the day of the weekly market and arrive in the city merchants and buyers from across the region

> Mopti is a port city at the confluence of the rivers Niger and Bani. Fascinating and amazing hellish and chaotic. Places to visit in addition to the lively harbor the adjacent colorful market and the old quarter Taikiri Mosque and the fishing villages reached with the typical pirogues

> Pays Dogon are small picturesque villages along the beautiful cliff of Bandiagara and are accessible only by jeep after many miles of trails. Lovely atmosphere and great hospitality. I visited the villages of Ireli - Bongo - Amani - Songho - Tireli - Sangha - Banani - Gogoli

> Ségou places to visit: the colonial district the port the market the historic village of Sekoro or Ségou Koro

> San places to visit: Mosque in new-Sudanese style

> Bamako is a chaotic city and not particularly nice I suggest to visit Grand Marchè ( is the central market ) with the stalls of fetishes - Marchè de Medina and Marchè N'Golonina ( are markets ) - Point G ( is a scenic spot situated on the cliff at north of the city ) - National Park of Mali - National Museum - Museum of Bamako - Museum Muso Kunda

Other places I've visited Konobougou - Sévaré - Ganga - Tene

Currently discouraged to go into areas di Timbuktu or Timbuctoo - Gao - Kidal