Lukimbi?

Dec 26th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Lukimbi?

Anyone know anything about this lodge? Also anyone know about Heritage Tours? They are running a25% off Deluxe Safari, 4nites Cape Town 3nite Safari 4-5* Looks like a great deal!!
Dec 27th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

I answered my own question! Its one of the top new safari lodges featured in Conde Nast
Dec 27th, 2003, 02:27 PM
sandi

Maybe you answered your own question, and since I'm 2-months behind in reading my Conde Nast can we have a hint:

Where is Lukimbi located?
- which Park, Reserve?
How large a camp? What amenities?
What time of year is your trip scheduled?
Is the entire trip "only" 7-days?
From where are you traveling?

Thanks!

Dec 28th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

It's located in Kruger,the south part. Its a newer 5* 16 bungalow lodge,its in the May2003 issue of Conde Nast.Go to www.heritagetoursonline.com to see full tour. We plan to go around 1stMarch.Will add some days before and maybe a few after. We would do this one only if we find another couple. This will be our 1st trip to South Africa.We will be traveling from MN!!! Let me know what you think!
Dec 28th, 2003, 05:58 PM
sandi

At those prices, personally, I wouldn't wait for another couple to go with you. After checking the Lukimbi site, the 25% discount off their regular prices (est. $600/person/nite) are worth it even if only two traveling.

I would check with Heritage to see what they can do for extensions. Considering that you have to depart for home from JNB, Heritage might be able to arrange 2-days on the Panorama Rt. possible staying at the Blue Mountain Lodge. The scenery and sites are absolutely beautiful.

If you would like more safari time (I can never have enought), you might have them check out a camp that provides accommodations in a "tented camp" as there's nothing like sleeping under canvas in Africa.

For a few more dollars you might want to fly to Victoria Falls staying on the Zambia side for a few days.

For reduced airfares, you might want to contact:

www.premiertours.com

(located in Phila, PA) while they are a tour operator, they have a separate air consolidator dept and have excellent airfares that would cover your departure from either JFK or ATL to CPT returning from JNB and flights between CPT via JNB to Kruger, also if you go to Vic Falls, air to/fr also.

Check out all your options.

Search this Thread