leely- when are u off to africa and what's your itineary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi leely when are u off to serengeti and what's your itiernary like?? curious, Sonali
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Sonali, ha! Your morning is my just-about-to-leave-work time.

We aren't going until mid-June .

Itinerary is
Arusha NP -- haven't booked yet, will probably do so with Green Footprints based on bat's report when she returns.

Tarangire, 2 nights Mawe Ninga

Crater, Wildlife Lodge

Olduvai Camp, 1 night (I know, I know!)

Ronjo, 1 night

Nomad Serengeti, 3 nights

Still thinking about whether to add a night at Manyara...

Too short, but unfortunately it's about all my budget can handle. Next trip, hopefully sooner rather than later, will be gorilla-focused.

Good morning/good evening.
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Hi leely, where do u live?? Has to be the united states as u would be leaving work right now...

like your itiernary, i do know of a couple of friends who did manyara in june and they did enjoy it, I have been only once in oct end nov beginning and I did not see much.

I like your itiernary,and 4 nights serengeti is going to be great. I have been to serengeti at that time and the sightings are good around central serengeti and the western corridor if the migration has arrived there..

Wow 3 nights with nomad should be great, they are very good for guiding and tracking animals and they try to put u in the best place.

Have u come to India ever???
I am going to see the tigers this feb end, hope I see many...

Sonali.
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 05:24 PM

I'm in San Francisco--a long way from India. When you return from your "tiger trip," let the people on the Africa forum know about it! I would love to go to India, but I have about 3 imaginary trips in my head that involve further exploration of East Africa. Uganda/Rwanda/Kenya, Southern Tanzania, more Serengeti...

My imagination is pretty far ahead of my bank account.

Try Serengeti in April. Eben knows what he's talking about.
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 12:34 PM

Leely mid June will be here before you know it!
Who did you end up booking your trip with? I get the impression you did a lot of research and budget was an issue without compromising the expereince so I would be interested in who you chose?
Sonali we went to see Indian tigers a few years ago and only managed to see one after about a week of looking! But oh my goodness she was just so beautiful!!
J
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 12:55 PM

Jules,
Money is/was certainly an issue. I'm here at home doing some freelance work this weekend as a matter of fact.

We ended up booking with ATR--everyone was within spitting distance in terms of costs with fairly similar itineraries. I had told my old co., Roy and ATR "around" 3K. Needless to say it ended up being more but not significantly, 3400pp. We are a party of 3 and only have a triple at Moivaro so I imagine it would less for a party of 2 or 4. It was Nomad that bumped us up, but that's the part I'm most looking forward to.

Of course now that it's closer to departure, we all wish we had arranged to spend more and stay longer. Lesson learned.

Really cool about the tiger! How long were you in India?

Old Feb 20th, 2006, 06:54 AM

Thanks Leely sounds great you will have an amazing time.
Have been to India a few times the tiger trip was 3 weeks.
Take care
J
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 07:20 AM

Jules,
Forgot to say the above costs include 3 nights Moivaro and flight back to Arusha from Serengeti.

Good luck with your planning your trip. I'm hoping to copy your itinerary after you get back.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 07:41 AM

Leely - Yes, June will be here before you know it! You leave shortly after I return, it seems! (I return June 15.)

Anyway have a fabulous trip. I, too, am hoping to include primates on my next trip (when, I don't know) but if schedules and desires jibe....would save on the single supplement.

Of course, after Zambia it's anyone's guess what could happen. If I fall totally in love - with Zambia ;-) it could be another story. It took me three trips to France before I could even consider another European country. Silly, but true...
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 07:47 AM

Sharon,
I predict you'll fall in love with Zambia. But now that Rocco has a handle on flights between Uganda and Zambia, your next trip could be easier than you think.

But probably more expensive!
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 07:51 AM

Indeed, and maybe more appealing once I have been to Zambia. For my first trip I'm happy that I've chosen a more leisurely trip to one country. We'll just have to see how it all goes after that. And how long it takes my bank account to recover....