Search

Leave one out

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 02:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leave one out

Hi, I am planning a safari in Kenya and Tanzania for our family of 5. We are on a budget (for this kind of trips) and will be traveling with a private 4x4 car to the public national parks mostly.
i am trying to fit in a lot in too short a time, although i have to say we usually travel in this way. I am a restless person in this regard.
Anyway, we were looking at the following schedule for august:
22- Nairobi to Aberdare, night at the ark
23- aberdare to Naivasha (boat ride)
24- Naivasha to hell's gate (short cycling activity) to masai mara
25- masaai mara full day
26- masai mara to serengeti
27- serengeti full day
28 - serengeti to ngorongoro
29 - ngorongoro to tarangire
30- tarangire to Amboseli
31- amboseli full dy
1- amboseli to nairobi and fly out

I am thinking wether i should leave one out, either Tarangire, Aberdare or Amboseli, and if so, which one, and where to move the nigt to.
It is my childrens (mostly adults now) first safari experience, i had done one, much shorter, previously in south africa (conservancies around Kruger). While they won't mind lots of car traveling hours, i am thinking maybe we should try to include activities other than game drives (that's the reason to include hell's gate and lake naivasha instead of Nakuru). I know about the beach extensions, but i am not sure i want to do that either. I am a photography hobbyist, but my family not so much.

Thanks for your input,
Old Apr 11th, 2024, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, in my opinion I would advice to add one more night in Naivasha and abandon Tarangire. My last visit in Naivasha was indeed memorable. Activities to be done here include bike riding in Hellsgate National Park, horse riding in sanctuary farm, boat riding in Lake Naivasha, game walking in Crescent Island.