Kenya or Tanzania

Dec 17th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Kenya or Tanzania

Dear all,

I am planning to have a safari trip in Feb 2006. Anyone can give me comment which part in Kenya or Tanzania to do safari around the time? I will be have 10 days either Kenya or Tanzania. Is there any trip combined two countries? I found some but it is a bit pricy and my budget for safari around USD1000 only. Thanks in advance for your guy help!
Dec 17th, 2005, 08:50 PM

The migration of wildebeest is in the serengeti,so u should go to tanzania.ngorogoro,tarangire is also beautiful. There are some companies offering group departures at reasonable prices. U should check them out, but be careful because u may end up having less milage and a bad vehicle/driver guide. On safari u can compromise everthing but your vehicle/driver guide.
Dec 17th, 2005, 08:59 PM

With 10 days I'd stick with one country particularly if you're on a budget as traveling between countries, getting an extra visa, etc. will add to your costs. Are you traveling solo? USD1000 is not a lot for 10 days. I think it's doable if you can find an existing group camping safari that you can join in which case you may not be able to dictate where you go.

The most typical itineraries you'll find will focus on Serengeti/Ngorongoro/Manyara/Tarangire in northern Tanzania or Amboseli/Nakuru/Masai Mara in southern Kenya. For budget camping, I'd contact Sunny Safaris for Tanzania and maybe Gametrackers (though I don't really know how budget they are) for Kenya. Both have fairly good reputations. I'd avoid Planet Safaris in Kenya which has rock bottom prices along with a shady reputation. Good luck with your planning!
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:53 AM

For $1000 you could get something like this....

http://www.essafari.co.ke/essk023.htm

This company can taylor to what you want if there are 2 or more of you travelling. This trip is only Kenya... but on their web they have trips to Tanzania too.
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:29 AM
aby

Hi DolphinMay
* Feb - migrationin Serengetu TZ
* at the second half of Feb - good chances for start of calving season !!!
(Serengetti)

good luck

aby

Search this Thread