Search

Kenya Air?

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenya Air?

Has anyone ever booked a flight with Kenya Air in the US? The flight will be on Virgin to London and then connecting to Kenyan air to Nairobi, but I would be booking with Kenyan air in the USA (NYC office)and they would be the "owner" of my ticket. They charge a 4% fee for credit cards, so otherwise I have to send a bankcheck. Is this normal? Should I have something in writing before I put this check in the mail? All I have is an email from a reservations agent with my itinerary/confirmation number but no price, etc. This all sounds very sketchy to me, but I think that's because I'm not used to not being able to use a credit card with ease. Thanks.
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:24 AM

I'm flying London to Nairobi to Lusaka on Kenya Airways in a couple weeks. I did send them a bank-issued check. You'll be fine!
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:05 PM

I've pretty much booked the same itinerary you have. Virgin Atlantic SFO-LHR, and Kenya Airways, LHR-NBO-JRO.

I booked through my corporate American Express travel agent. She was able to do the bookings for me, and I used my Amex card without any extra fees. She did have to issue a paper ticket, as Kenya Airways didn't do e-tickets.
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Scot99

Thanks for the advice. I just feel so weird sending them off a bank check when all I have is a confirmation number from them. If I pay by credit card, than the fee is $88 per ticket, but at least I have the security that it's on my AMEX card. Hmmm... Also, should I reconfirm for each leg of my trip?

Old May 17th, 2006, 12:01 PM

Scott - I thought it was odd and kind of a pain too, but I got my paper tickets just fine. You should call them though, a week or two before departure. My times changed just slightly. (I dealt with the Chicago office; I don't know if there are other branches.) You've got the security of your bank having a record of the check as well; and, you could do a confirmation of receipt at the post office when sending.

Cheers,
Sharon
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Scot99

Thanks Sharon. Good to know you had a success with them. I'll go to the bank now.