Search

Kennedy at Waymark Safari's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennedy at Waymark Safari's

I've just been in touch with the fabulous Kennedy, who I havent met as yet, to find out he does safari's to Tanzania & Uganda as well as Kenya. I'm guessing you all already knew that anyway.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 07:41 PM

But I'd like to hear from someone who took one of those safaris. Are you considering it?
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 09:53 PM

I spent a couple of days with Kennedy in June...great guy. I think that his company does safaris in Kenya and, as with most Kenyan safari companies, has partnered with other companies in Tanzania and Uganda. Even the larger companies operate this way at present.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM

He does indeed do safaris, both private and group to Kenya and Tanzania, that actually is his main focus of the business.

One of our fellow Fodorites, who is an agent, has recently returned from Nairobi. She, with Kennedy as the tour outfitter, have put together a safari for a group of 8 people in 2008. She wil accompany them on the safari, the purpose of her trip over the last two weeks was for her and Kennedy to not only go over all the details, but to actually do the route together to make sure the properties are what they want, and that the logistics work.

He also has the contract for employee safaris for a large well-known company from England. When they have personel in town on business they are given the option of a mini Kenya safari (not sure if a freebie to the employee or if they have to pay); Kennedy has handled these in the past.

He does partner with another company in Tanzania, I can't think of the name of it at the moment, but it has had good reviews on this board, it was a new company that started up about two years ago. I'd have to check my past emails with him to figure out who it was.

Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Yes we are considering going with him, but it's not until March '09 which is now just a mere 483 days away, yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And yes I'd also like to hear from someone that has done a safari with him. But everyone that has been on local tours with him seems to be very impressed.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 05:10 PM

sallysaab-

You will for sure get a fabulous safari with Waymark, he really is an incredible person, he will take care that you are happy and have a wonderful safari.

Those 483 days will just zip by!!!
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 06:32 PM

Sallysab,

Somebody has to be first. Maybe it's you. Of course someone else could sneak in during 480 some days between now and then.

Is your trip a group trip or a private trip? What's the itinerary?
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

atravelynn.
It's a private trip, and nothing out of the ordinary.
The usual tourist circuit, Nairobi,Samburu,Lake Nakuru,Masia Mara,Serengeti,Lake Manyara. Then St Judes School in Arusha back up to Nairobi. We were going to try and go to Ithumba in Tsavo to see the "big kids" but it seems too difficult, but will see the babies at Sheldricks in Nairobi several times. From Nairobi, down to Motswari in the Timbavati then over to De Wildt for a night as we also foster cheetahs, I'm having my 60th with them. And then home to Aussie.
I went to Sth Africa for a couple of weeks in '05 and have unfortunately fallen in love with the place, just wish it was closer.
We'll see Kennedy in Nairobi and he's currently working on a tour price for us.
Thought it might have been better to deal through a local.

Old Dec 4th, 2007, 11:47 PM

I will be really happe to hear of any ones travels with Kennedy. I am sure they will be WELL taken care of. He is great. I worked with him last year and plan to spend 3 days with him in august 08. I will be happy to see his firm do well and he really works at his craft.
Rhoda