Search

KAVEY - Botswana Again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2005, 06:02 AM
TravelEnoelSmiles

KAVEY - Botswana Again!!!!

Hi, yes, back once more, next June - Dumatau, Little Vumbura and Chitabe Main Camp. Any comments about your past experiences here, of anyone esle? And will we freeze ... I get varying reports. But this was the time to go, other conflicts rule out the normal visits in September and October. Do you still list your email, in which case I'll reestablish linkage ... but west coast time makes it trickier now. Take care, ciao of course, and hope to hear from you soon. Oh, coming your way soon ... how's the weather? Any hot new restaurants by the Thames?

Old Jun 25th, 2005, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya, is this RnR? I don't know the username!
In our 2004 trip we went to

Savuti (poor management though one key manager was away so perhaps that's why, excellent guide, excellent wild dogs and cheetah viewing, plus jackals, eles and lots more)

Little Mombo (seems to have recovered from the blip and we had a wonderful manager, reasonably good guide, excellent game viewing of rhino, leopards, lions, hyena, and lots lots more, still top for concentration of excellent sightings)

Tubu Tree (one of the best guides on the planet, beautiful camp, wonderful managers and staff, excellent game and birds, just a wonderful experience)

Jacana (a magical water camp with great managers and staff and guides from the local area who were wonderful at sharing the magic with us)

Jack's (a special place full of surprises, fantastic brown hyena and meerkat experiences in particular plus flamingo and zebra and more, excellent guide, lovely camp and staff)

We went in June as previously.

Email as above and lets meet in London?
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM

TravelEnoelSmiles: You will love Little Vumbura and Chitabe main camp. We felt the game viewing was better at Chitabe and the staff better. However, L.V. has a magical island setting. You should see wild dog at Chitabe, which is a great sighting. Enjoy!
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 08:12 PM
TravelEnoelSmiles

Many thanks, girlpolo33. Just what I wanted to hear.

Oh, yes, Kavey, you devil .... what a long memory. The rock 'n roll times on Fodors do go back a ways. I will be back in touch soon. The west coast time, while new to me, is becoming familiar ... but I cannot say my sleep patterns are doing as well.

Yes, London is on the itinerary, followed by a six-day voyage via QM2. Preceded by Banbury, Wales, and Edinburgh. Sort of a congratulatory trip for a dear one.

Botswana not until a year from now. Everything set with Wilderness Safaris thru the agent used by Liz of Las Vegas, whom I've not heard from in ages. Trust she and hubby are doing well, after what was a very tough trips. Take care. Ciao.

Old Jun 26th, 2005, 02:01 AM

Oops, after I wrote the 2004 trip camps I forgot to add that we visited Chitabe Trails and Little Vumbura, together with Little Mombo on our 2001 trip.

I'm sure you already read our reports from that time as I remember us discussing them before your trip not long afterwards but... Little Vumbura was just lovely, small, intimate and the perfect base for water activities. Chitabe Trails we found a touch disappointing, mostly because the guides weren't as good as elsewhere and the camp management on duty weren't the best either but... others have had much better experiences so I'm sure it's a good, solid WS camp.

Drop me an email re London...