Just got Africa Geographic Feb 2006

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called every newsstand in SoCal and finally found one that had it. I drove across the BLAZING heat on the I10 into Westwood and picked up the only copy they had.

In one of the first few pages there is a series of pictures of a pride of around FIFTEEN lions trying to hunt ONE adult hippo. The lions were careful to only attack the hippo from behind.

You tell me who the real king of the jungle is! Fifteen lions and they didn't even break his skin.

By the way, this store charge 11.99 for ONE older issue. It is definitely cheaper to subscribe. In fact it may be cheaper to order back issues online from this point on.

Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:53 PM
santharamhari

I strongly recommend subscribing it for $85 annually. And you receive the current mag mid-month (atleast, i do here in India)

Hari

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 12:35 AM

Search all Fodors.com
Shopping Cart My Account Help

Africa & the Middle East

Author: waynehazle ([email protected])
Date: 07/03/2006, 05:38 pm

I called every newsstand in SoCal and finally found one that had it. I drove across the BLAZING heat on the I10 into Westwood and picked up the only copy they had.

In one of the first few pages there is a series of pictures of a pride of around FIFTEEN lions trying to hunt ONE adult hippo. The lions were careful to only attack the hippo from behind.

You tell me who the real king of the jungle is! Fifteen lions and they didn't even break his skin.

By the way, this store charge 11.99 for ONE older issue. It is definitely cheaper to subscribe. In fact it may be cheaper to order back issues online from this point on.

Author: santharamhari
Date: 07/03/2006, 10:53 pm

I strongly recommend subscribing it for $85 annually. And you receive the current mag mid-month (atleast, i do here in India)

Hari

Post A Reply
Screen name:
Kavey

Reply:

Fodors.com | Destinations | Hotels | Restaurants | Travel Wire | Talk | Booking | Bargains | Shop

Privacy Policy | Subscriber's Agreement | Contact Us

Copyright ©2006 Fodor's Travel, a division of Random House, Inc.

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 12:37 AM

Oops, sorry about that - I'm having a heck of a job posting these last couple of days - clicking the Post button takes me to a duplicate window of the post screen and I have to tab back to the original window, select and copy the text I wrote and paste it into the new window and click Post again! Then it works! Looks like I selected the wrong text so let me start again!

Firstly, glad you could find an issue to look at though it does sound expensive. Since it's unlikely you'd be able to get every issue this way (and those you do get would be late) I'd definitely recommend subscribing.

If you want to order back issues I was advised by the MD recently that the elephant special I posted about a shortwhile ago is almost sold out so I'd get your order in ASAP for that one if it interests you!

Kavey
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 11:55 AM

Kavey - I'm having the same problem posting that you are. Wonder what its all about?! At least if you're having similar problems, it probably doesn't mean my computer is about to crash...
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM

where does one go to get a subscription. I have had no luck with this!
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 02:50 AM

13moons
Either pick up an issue and use the form within that or I think you can do it via the website:

http://www.africa-geographic.com/

Go to the Shop Online link and follow from there.