Search

Jerusalem hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerusalem hotels

I have booked two nights at the Sheraton Plaza Jerusalem Hotel. Anyone have any reviews for this hotel? What other hotels would you recommend in Jerusalem which are centrally located and in the $200-250 price range.
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM

If you search this forum you'd get some not-so-good reviews of this specific hotel... For your price range I think you'd be able to get some REALLY good deals on better hotels. I'm sure someone could be more specific.
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 12:59 PM

We stayed at that hotel for a couple days in December. It was ok.... the reception desk people are just mean. They consistently gave me the run about for simple things. Anyway, I wasn't there to chat with the reception people.
The old city is not too far away, the ben yehuda shopping street/area is close by too.
The rooms were a little dated, but a very good size. The breakfast buffet was good too.

I have heard that the YMCA is very nice.
You can do a search on this forum and look here too: http://frommers.com/cgi-bin/[email protected]^[email protected]

Old Apr 11th, 2007, 07:24 AM

Not sure if it is in the price range (depending on the season), but I like staying at Inbal Hotel. Very good accomodation and services, quite convenient.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM

We stayed at the Dan Panorama last summer and will be staying there again when we return this summer. It is centrally located - a few blocks from the Sheraton that you mentioned. It is also around the corner from the King David and YMCA. We loved the hotel, great breakfast spread, nice rooms, and very good service. Highly recommend it. You should also check out the hotel reviews on tripadvisor.com
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 08:17 AM

I stayed at the Dan Pearl Hotel in Jerusalem. It was quite a few years ago, but the hotel was RIGHT next to the Old City Wall, a very short walk to one of the gates (near David's Citadel). So very convenient for seeing the Old City. As I remember, the hotel was very nice and reasonably priced. I'm not sure if it is still owned by the Dan hotel chain, it was when I stayed there.