Israel

May 20th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Israel

Smartours

Has anyine taken this trip and what was your experience? Did you feel safe?
May 20th, 2012, 04:21 PM

My wife and I spent a month in israel in 2010 by ourselves (no tour); we wandered, explored, went all over without a Guide (except for 5 days in the North and visiting Masada).
Never felt uncomfortable or not safe.
What are you worried about?
Go to israel, do't worry, and just enjoy the moment and the experience.If you are Jewish, you will always remember and cherish your time in Israel.
Have a great trip
May 21st, 2012, 09:17 AM

It doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are. Israel is a magical place with incredible history. The three major religions (Christianity, Judaism and Muslim) all began there. It is an fascinating place. We loved our time there and never felt unsafe.
May 22nd, 2012, 05:05 AM

One of the main questions asked by perspective first time visitors is," Is Israel safe? " One of the first realizations made by first time tourists is, "what was I thinking and why does the press present such an inaccurate picture. I feel perfectly safe"
May 23rd, 2012, 11:21 AM

Israel is one of the safest countries on the planet - at least much safer than most U.S. cities.
May 25th, 2012, 06:04 AM

We've been to Israel 3x and have traveled independently via auto and have never felt unsafe. We have traveled from the Golan to eilat. We even visited Petra independently w/o feeling unsafe. Go and enjoy it, it truly is a wonderful country.
May 31st, 2012, 12:02 PM

We visited for the first time a year ago. We were 2 families of 4, and hired a private guide who toured with us during the day (9 days). We felt perfectly safe, with or without the guide. In fact, many evenings, our kids (19-22 yrs, so technically adults) went off on their own for dinner.

If ever I return, I'd like to spend un-guided time in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, wandering and exploring on my own.

Search this Thread