Search

Iraq my travel experiences and photo gallery [trip report]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2023, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iraq my travel experiences and photo gallery [trip report]

I want to share with the community my experience of my recent trip in Iraq

A beautiful trip of mainly cultural and archaeological interest to learn more about the traditions , the uses and customs of the Population of this fascinating Country and also to visit the beautiful mosques from breathtaking beauty and in some villages to admire the common life ... ! The itinerary of approx 2000 km has been covered in approx 11 days through rural villages and a lot of large chaotic cities

To see the photo gallery of my trip click on the link below

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...7720306298954/

Photos are taken in : Baghdad - Mosul - Babylon - Basra - Kerbela - Erbil - Najaf - Tikrit - Ukhaidir - Samarra - Chibayish - Uruk - Nasiriyah - Fallujah - Ctesiphon - Dujail - Kalak - Qurnah - Amarah - Hoja - Kifl - Ur - Samawah - Kut - Borsippa - Abu Ghraib

P.s. to know the location where the photographs were taken , enlarge them individually clicking on it and read under the picture
Old Mar 14th, 2023, 10:50 AM

Wow! Thank you for the pictures. They are so colorful and ornate it's amazing. I had no idea it was like that there.

Also love the pictures of the people. They do seem quite friendly. Did you find that to be so?

Are you a professional photographer? To me the quality of your pictures in as good as what I have seen in Nat Geo.
Old Mar 14th, 2023, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another wow! I would be curious to learn more about how you arranged your trip: transportation, transfers, hotels, etc. It must have been challenging.
Old Mar 14th, 2023, 12:46 PM

Molto belle!
Old Mar 16th, 2023, 12:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Fabulous. So interesting. The people, the street scenes, the architecture, the grandeur contrasted with the crumbling cities, you are a great photographer.
Old Mar 16th, 2023, 04:04 AM

What an amazing experience this must have been for you. Thank you for sharing with us. Your photos are wonderful!
Old Mar 16th, 2023, 09:57 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing yet another wonderful album of your travel photos! You capture the faces of the Iraqi people so beautifully.
Old Mar 17th, 2023, 11:19 AM

Grazie. The photos are incredible and I love the mix of the ancient and the contemporary. Some of the ancient iconography resembles what I imagined ancient Persian iconography to look like; makes sense given the proximity. The mosques are among some of the most ornate I've ever seen. Was it easy to travel around? How prevalent are checkpoints? The places where I encountered the most checkpoints are Egypt and Jordan.
Old Mar 19th, 2023, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much everyone! I am just a traveller, yes the people are friendly. It takes a long time for the transfers and to go through the numerous checkpoints. I had a guide a driver and an interpreter who helped me organize the trip. My best regards !
Old Mar 19th, 2023, 06:25 AM

You are a traveler with a very keen eye!

Thanks again.
Old Apr 11th, 2023, 08:38 AM

Buongiorno Toscano,
Ottimo. Squisito. Take a bow.
One of my favorites was your shot of the shell of a building with the image of the young girl on the wall--every picture tells a story.
We need more photo-essay Trip Reports like this!
I am done. the end