Search

Information on BOBBY TOURS needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Information on BOBBY TOURS needed

Hello ,

I am planning a safari for the end of february in the north of Tanzania for about 5 days and saw some postings on Bobby Tours , Has anyone used them in the past ... any good ? I am looking for a good safari without breaking the bank !

thank you !
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM

No personal experience from me but here is a recent post from the Tripadvisor forum http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...-Tanzania.html
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 01:02 PM

I've been to Tz twice this year and saw several Bobby Tours jeeps and talked to some of their clients at a picnic area ... basically it is a decent low-budget outfit and the things you can read about in Patty's TripAdvisor link are the kinds of things you might expect to happen a small percentage of the time.

Two other budget or moderate rate companies you might look at for comparison in Arusha are Sunny and Roy Safaris ... they will likely cost a bit more than Bobby Tours but probably still a good bit less than you would pay on some/many packaged trips.

We've done two trips with Roy and were very satisfied with the vehicles and especially the excellent guiding and would recommend them, but I think their rates are a bit higher than Bobby Tours.

Bill
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM

Although we booked with "Journey to Africa", Bobby Camping was the ground operator for our July 2006 private safari. Trip report: Safari Mzuri.

Our TA set us up with the most wonderful guide, Mohamed, friendly, sharp, highly experienced in the parks and with people. We adored him!! We loved every minute of our trip and can't wait to go back.

Our vehicle was on the older side, and Bobby checked in with the driver every day to make sure all was well with us and the vehicle. Bobby had us come in to the Arusha office to go over itinerary and again make sure all was ok. He seemed very anxious to please.
There were several vehicles in the lot, while in Arusha, some newer than others. Perhaps a request for a newer vehicle would help? For the record, our older one got us around just fine.

We did get stuck in sand for a short time (adventuring off the well worn road), and within 10 minutes, several Bobby Camping vehicles arrived to help pull us out.

We did have to wait a bit for Bobby to meet us at the Arusha airport with our Zanzibar flight tickets, but he apologized profusely and we caught the flight on time.

Bobby and our TA in the US kept in touch throughout the trip, and Bobby even sent messages back to our families for us via our TA. "The girls are having a great time!!"

High end, no. Trying to please, yes.

Good Luck!!! Deb

Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:18 AM

Hi marcelinto,
I've booked a safari trip with Bobby tours for this September and I was wondering how your trip went in February. Did you end up going with them ?
thanks
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:31 AM

Here is a thread on Bobby. You may need to wade through the humor (or attempts at humor) resulting from the original misspelling of the outfitter.

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...p;tid=34959234