Search

hot air baloon ride

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hot air baloon ride

how do you go about getting a hot air baloon ride? how much does it cost?
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 11:31 AM

hi, i havent done this. but seen may of them over the mara. it is close to 400.00per person if it is not there already. some lodges have this set up. if your staying at one that doesnt-they will set it up for you at a place that does. thats what i heard anyway.
d
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 12:56 PM

Hot air balloon rides are also offered in the Serengeti in Tanzania for about the same cost as in the Mara, and I think you can now fly over the Rift Valley in Kenya from somewhere near Nakuru but not sure of the cost. See www.goballooningkenya.com for the Rift Valley rides.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 01:12 PM
sandi

They're available for flights over the Mara and the Serengeti. And, yes, Patty, is correct, there are balloon flights over the Nakuru area.

On average the prices are between $385-$425, depending on with whom booking and the company being used; those over Nakuru are a bit less expensive.

It is suggested you book ahead of time to assure space and maybe even to have a back-up day in case the flight doesn't go off on the day you've scheduled - weather? You can arrange this through your tour operator. If you decide to wait until you arrive at your lodge/camp in the Mara or at the Serengeti, there is a possibility they won't be able to accommodate you.

Check with your tour operator.

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 07:46 PM

Hello, my daughter and I stayed at Mara Intrepids this November and we paid $385.00 each. I booked our flight at our lodge when we arrived. I wanted to wait till we got there to check the weather to make sure our ride was on a nice day. November isn't a busy time so we got the day we wanted.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM

My niece and I just did the balloon ride in the Serengeti Feb 8th and had a great time. It cost $385.pp. We did it through http://www.balloonsafaris.com/

Old Feb 27th, 2006, 04:17 AM
bat

We took the same ride as dayoung in TZ--same price. We booked through our tour operator. You need to be staying in the central serengeti area to be picked up by the balloon company. We did see someone come in from the western corridor. They had transport from their lodge and had to leave around 2:30 am.