Help with tour operators in Kenya

Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Help with tour operators in Kenya

I am new to this message board, but have found it extremely helpful in answering many of my questions. I have been looking at the following operators for a trip to Kenya later this year-Loita Maasi Safaris, Eco-resorts, Wildtrek,Jenman Safaris, and African Adrenalin. Any comments on these would be greatly appreciated. Also,has anyone been to Kakamega Forest Reserve and what did you think? The website, www.kenyaology.com, has been quite helpful with information on the parks, road conditions and driving distances.
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:11 AM

I too am new to this site and specificaly to this message board. I concur with you. The information supplied by other users has been very informative.

It is unclear which country you are based in but I have recently booked my first safari through a tour operator in Kenya called Carrier. They have worldwide offices and have been extremely helpful. They are one of the more expensive ones but definitely seem keen to offer first class service.

Let me know if you would like their U.K. website and I can forward the link to you. From that you can access their information request centre.
Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:44 AM

We had the Kenya portion of our Feb trip organized by Naked Wilderness Safaris. I thought they were great and would not hesitate to use them again although I have to tell you that another poster in this board did not have the same experience as us. I don't think he was totally against Naked Wilderness but had a guide that was less than their ideal.
J
Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:46 AM

Try searching for 'kenya tour operator' using the search box on the top of the page. This should pull up a number of different threads about tour operators in Kenya.

I have heard good things about Eco-Resorts, though I haven't used them myself -- they were rated as one of the best operators to East Africa by National Geographic Traveler.

Cheers,
Julian
Sep 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am pursuing some leads as we speak.

lexus
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:02 PM

hi, i have used eco-resorts 4x's now. will be using them again next yr.
take care
david
Sep 6th, 2005, 05:54 PM
bwanamitch

Since now I thought Eco-resorts were a reservation centre and travel agency, but no ground handler with guides and vehicles. Does this have changed?

Mitch

Search this Thread