Help with family trip to Sharm el Sheikh

Aug 28th, 2001, 05:25 AM
chris

Help with family trip to Sharm el Sheikh

We are planning a family trip to Sharm el Sheikh in late October. Has anyone heard anything about the Ritz there? Also are there golf courses in the area? May consider going to Luxor first and then over to S-e-S, so would love to hear any suggestions!

Aug 28th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Myriam

Hi Chris,
I am actually doing the same thing than you: planning our October trip to S-e-S. As you can read on their website (http://www.ritzcarlton.com/html_prop...ID=37&PageNo=9) there is a 18 holes golfcourse in the area.

Aug 29th, 2001, 12:21 AM
chris

Myriam:
Have you heard anything else other than the information on the website about the Ritz in S-e-S? We have about 6 days for a holiday. I was considering going to Luxor for a few days and then going on to S-e-S, but didn't know whether we needed all of the days to do justice to S-e-S.

Aug 29th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Jo

Sharm El Sheikh = no golf courses. Sorry I don't know about the Ritz. If you have only 6 days in total then realise that Luxor is a long way from Sharm. Sharm is a long beach, out from which is spectacular snorkelling. Things to do include horse/camel riding into the desert, trips up to Mt Sinai/St Catherines Monastory, diving, snorkelling, glass bottom boat trips. How were you planning to get from Luxor to Sharm? Its a 13 hour bus trip. Personally, unless you are a diver (which I am and spent most of my time diving) then a few days is probably enough in Sharm.

Aug 29th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Pam

Chris,

You can fly Egypt Air from SeS to Luxor in less than an hour. I believe the price is around $200.00 RT. It may make sense to visit Luxor first and then travel on to Ses, preferably on a Thursday.

My husband and I will be staying at the Ses Ritz next March, we have head lovely things about it.

Pam

Aug 29th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Myriam

To Jo: Sorry Jo, but S-e-S HAS a 18 hole golf course, at the hotel that we have booked just one hour ago: Mövenpick Jolie Ville Golf & Resort. See also the S-e-S website: http://www.sharmguide.com/

To Chris: the information I have on the Ritz is from the website and from our Belgian touroperator's guidebook. It is a recent hotel (1999) and looks good. You may want to check out the location of the various hotels at http://www.sinaidivers.com/english/index4.htm. As far as I can see, the Ritz is rather far away from the golf course.
Furthermore, if you're not a scuba diver I think you won't need 6 days to do justice to S-e-S. It is in fact mainly a scuba & snorkeling spot. You could of course visit St. Catherine Monastery at Mt. Sinai and make a tour with a 4WD in the red coloured canyon.

Aug 30th, 2001, 07:40 AM
chris

Pam:
Why do you suggest a Thursday for arrival in SeS? Is there windsurfing there as well? We are "water" people, but not divers, so maybe a full 6 days in SeS doesn't make much sense.
Do you know anything about Hurghada as compared to SeS?

Aug 30th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Myriam

Chris,
We have been to El Gouna last year (30 km north from Hurghada). Hurghada is a typical Egyptian town, dusty and dirty. There may be some good hotels however. We chosed to stay in El Gouna because we liked the choice of hotels.
When you're not a diver/snorkeler the same remark as for S-e-S.

Aug 30th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Jo

Sorry if I gave wrong info about golf course - it was a few years ago when I was there and I guess places get developed more.

Search this Thread