Has anyone used mtbeds.com?

Aug 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone used mtbeds.com?

I found mtbeds.com a few months ago. It's kind of like Priceline for southern Africa hotels and game lodges. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with them. I'd be willing to try it for a last minute trip. Looks like some great deals at some of the high end and not so high end camps - if you are flexible.
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:37 PM

I've used them, they seem to be an arm of Kulula, the budget operation of the BA franchise Comair. I'm an S.A. resident and some of the deals will be for S.A. residents only, the description will say if that's the case.
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:16 AM

We used them in May June to book last minute game lodges. Very good prices. They were very good and phoned us back with availability. No problems paying via credit card. We dealt with an agent called Chantel who was very helpful.
Aug 7th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. I saw the SA resident requirements - makes me want to retire to SA even more!!
Aug 8th, 2009, 09:46 PM

We are not SA residents. There was only 1 place that wouldn't book us. All the other lodges were at least 50% discounted.
Aug 9th, 2009, 08:39 AM

I used them in early May for a late May stay and got about a 50% discount at a high end lodge. Worked with Rachel, through email, paid with credit card in advance, no problems at all. I even put in a request for a specific room, which was honored when we got there. I would definitely book with them again if I were to do a last minute trip.
Aug 9th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. Gee- at 50% off, we could stay in the really high end places (just to try them once). Makes me wonder if I can move up our next trip...... Last minute makes me nervous to juggle the flights and accommodations, but if we could swing it it would be great.
Aug 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM

I booked a luxury safari lodge in the Eastern Cape through MTBeds in February 2009. Got a great rate and the lodge was superb. Anchen did the booking and even sent a followup email requesting feedback after I returned. I thought MTBeds service was excellent and would book through them again.