Search

Goodbye to Lynda

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodbye to Lynda

and Jim,
We do appreciate all the hard work you've done for us thruout the year, Lynda. Taxes are done and now it's your turn to relax.

Hope you kids have a wonderful 30th. Enjoy you trip of a lifetime!
Sherry
p.s. It goes without saying that a trip report will be expected
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:18 AM

Lynda & Jim,
Thank you so much for all your help - you have given such valuable help and advice to many of us on this board.And not to mention that packing thread!!!

I hope your trip is everything you wish for and that you have happy and safe travels.

Have a fantastic trip and a wonderful aniversary.

Imelda
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:18 AM

Lynda & Jim,
Thank you so much for all your help - you have given such valuable help and advice to many of us on this board.And not to mention that packing thread!!!

I hope your trip is everything you wish for and that you have happy and safe travels.

Have a fantastic trip and a wonderful Anniversary.

Imelda
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:32 AM

Have a wonderful trip, kids! Looking forward to hearing all about it. I am praying you don't wish you'd brought the stapler. (Or are you bringing it?) ;-)

Safe and healthy travels!
Sharon
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:58 AM
africnow

Have a great trip! Like the other, many thanks for all of your help.

Old May 24th, 2006, 06:03 AM

Safari njema Lynda.
I’m looking forward to a stellar addition to the amazing East Africa Trip Report Index.

Safiri salama
Old May 24th, 2006, 06:10 AM
bat

Lynda and Jim:

Have a FABULOUS tme (I am sure that you will)--this is one time that we are absolutely assured of receiving a trip report. And it will be a great contribution because there have been so few Micato reports. Looking forward to it.
Old May 24th, 2006, 07:47 AM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate this!! Off on our 'last minute' errands this morning, followed by finishing a 'last minute' set of books and then upstairs to put everything in the bags tomorrow!!
I am SO excited - I now know what Sherry meant back in Feb when she said her stomach hurt from all of the excitement and anticipation! (hopefully that was you that said that, wasn't it Sherry?) Jim has been very careful these last few days to not let me have sugar as I am already bouncing off the walls with excitement!
I received an email last night from a lady named Kristina who has never posted here - but reads all of the posts - who went with Kennedy for the day to hug the cheetahs a few weeks ago. She sent two pictures of herself with the cheetahs - INCREDIBLE - I just can't wait!
And, Lynn, remember the little orphan cub that you posted the link to, that had just been brought into the orphanage about a month ago? Kristina got to see her, not to pet her yet though as she is not used to people yet, but she sent me a picture of her in the cage. Her name is Mandara and she is SO cute!
And Leely, thanks so much again for Kennedy - Kristina said he was AWESOME, all of us in the recent past and future cheetah hug fame thank you so much!
I just can't believe that there is only two more sleeps - this is truly my dream come true - a lifetime in the making and it's finally here. I will smell the fur of the cheetah when I hug her, I will drink in the sounds of the lions early in the morning the nights we are in the tents, I will cherish the memory of my first wild animal running through the East African bush - no matter how far away it is. I will listen to the stories of the local people with delight when we meet, and I will savour the flavour of the incredible African food. And I know I will come home with 14 other people's addresses (or, well at least 7 other couple's if they are pairs) from our safari mates to write to at Christmas.
Thanks again guys - ALL of you have been such an enormous help to myself and Jim! (and cooncat, don't tell Dennis, but yes, I snuck that stapler back in at the last moment the other night

Old May 24th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

You can always send a driver out to Arusha for an emerg. stapler or stationary. You are with Micato, after all.
It wasn't my stomach, it was my brain - I'm not used to thinking too much .
Bon Voyage!
Sherry
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Have a fantastic trip! We'll all be looking forward to your report.
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:37 AM

Lynda and Jim,

I am excited for both of you. I know that you're well-traveled, but I bet this trip will make your top 5 list.

Say hello to Kennedy for me!

Have a safe and happy journey.
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM

Lynda, once again, have a GREAT Afree-kah adventure, travel safe, enjoy it all and Happy Anniversary to you and Jim.
Aloha,
Dennis
(p.s. i bet myself that the stapler would go with you...and I won!!)
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:50 AM

Lynda,
Thank you so much for the "packing list"!! Have a wonderful time with the animals. Only two and a half weeks before I'm off with Micato myself.

Debbie
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:03 AM
sandi

Still here, catching up what you all are up to.

So, to you Linda and Jim... have fun, it'll be absolutely wonderful. Again, I'll be looking for you at the Mara airstrip... but can't even begin to tell you what I may or may not be wearing, though will likely have on a jean jacket. Happy travels.

Old May 24th, 2006, 09:24 AM

Lynda,
I want to add my good wishes for a wonderful trip. Thanks for the advice on packing, for sure. We will probably cross paths somewhere in the air over Africa, but we can definitely share our experiences when we get back.

Enjoy yourself!

Mary
Old May 24th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Can't wait to meet you and Jim! Safe and magical journey and don't forget to note down every detail!
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM

Lynda,

Have an incredible time and cherish every moment you are in Africa!!!
Old May 24th, 2006, 06:34 PM

Enjoy a wonderful trip! And Happy Anniversary!
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:06 AM

I have never posted here before, but I've learned a lot by reading your posts. For this, I thank all of you very much. I'm the Kristina that Lynda Swain was referring to and now I feel compelled to report back from Kennedy on her arrival in Nairobi and her much longed for cheetah hug. Enjoy.

Dear Kristina,
I met Lynda & Jim, I want to tell you this is a period I have met wonderful people. There was one Rick Mcintye, then you, then these two. Both Lynda & Jim are very very nice people. People you would want to dash and meet them every time you heard they had been spotted !!
Jim is a very social person with lots of stories collected the world over and high sense of humour. Please do your best to meet them! It's worth the effort Kristina !
I kept them awake Kristina, with the Sheldrick orphanage and ........of course the cheetah Hug !!! Lynda had a fabulous time, she got breathless at the cheetah petting zone! You would want to imagine my happiness at that moment!
After that, I did ask her about the Safari walk ... she said she had no Strength left (tickled)
She took some good shots too !.
We spent the day very well with a break to the Panafric Hotel - Flame Tree restaurant where we had a chance to get entertained with rythmic variety of African Music ... of course as Jim regaled himself with a cold TUSKER !
Thanks again for such good remarks about me and your continued endevour to get me intouch with people (Lynda mentioned something about some inclusion in your good site!) Well!
Have got intouch with Barbara -the Fodors lady !
Look forward to hearing from you.
All the Best,
Kennedy
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:12 AM
santharamhari

Hv a blast!!!

Hari

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -