Good Hotel In Arusha area ?

Oct 27th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Good Hotel In Arusha area ?

Hi there. We will have to spend our first night in Arusha (we need to take early morning flight to Klein's) . last time we stayed in Ngordoto Lodge , which is a relatively new and OK.
Can you help me to find the best hotel in the area. I know it's only one night but this time we are going to spoil ourselves...
thanks!
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:56 AM

We spent a similar first night in Arusha on our honeymoon last month--we arrived in the evening on KLM, then flew out the next morning to Klein's. We stayed at the Arusha Hotel (booked via CC Africa), and it was quite comfortable. It's not a Four Seasons (or even a Westin), but it was spotlessly clean and the breakfast buffet was decent...couldn't have asked for much more from such a short stay. As was the case pretty much everywhere in Tanzania, the staff was very friendly. My understanding was that it was the best in town, although I the Arusha Coffee Lodge might be another option. I wouldn't expect to find 5-star luxury in Arusha in any event, but the Arusha Hotel was perfectly adequate and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I were following a similar itinerary.
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:09 AM
sandi

Another place to consider is the Serena Mountain Village, one of the newer Serena properties.

Oct 29th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

aag2000- I'm curious - did you see Mt Kilimanjaro while in the plane?
Oct 29th, 2004, 11:25 AM

(See also my reply to your other topic)

No, we didn't--we landed at Kilimanjaro Int'l after dark. Our driver pointed out its general direction, though.

When we flew out from Arusha (the small domestic airport) the next morning, both Kilimanjaro and Meru were covered in clouds.
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:10 AM

We had a day room at the Mountain Village. Very nice - some of the rooms are more like individual cottages (reminded me of Ngorongoro Crater Lodge). It overlooks a lake. Dining was quite good and the gift shop was small but reasonably priced (for a last effort at shopping).

We also missed Kili flying in and out, but on our way to the airport just at dusk we spotted the outline of the white snow in the distance. Unfortunately our camera was already packed away!
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:33 AM

On our return journey from a recent safari, we had 5 or so hours to killl before our flight.
Roy Safaris arranged for us to lunch at the Impala Hotel in Arusha. The meal (Italian) was extremely good and the setting of the restaurant, overlooking the pool, was very pleasant. The bar manager agreed it was OK for us to use the sun loungers by the pool to while away a few hours, which we did.
Although we didn't see the bedrooms our impression of this hotel is very positive. Might be worth checking out their website for prices.

Search this Thread