Geraff Manor

Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Geraff Manor

We are planning on a trip to Nairobi to spend some time at the Geraff Mnaor and would
like to know if anyone has been there? We also plan on a stay at the Emakoko Lodge.
We would appreciate any advice on either one or both.
Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:06 AM

There are many threads here on Fodor's about visitors stays at Giraffe Manor, so suggest you do a 'search' here for comments. Emakoko is relatively new, about 2/yrs and I don't recall comments of any having stayed here.

However, if only visiting at NBO, though you don't mention how many total days, as Emakoko is located adjacent the National Park, it's luxe and guess as good as any if not heading on safari outside of NBO.
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM

Hi

I have stayed at both and would recommend Emakoko over Giraffe Manor. Giraffe Manor has a colonial feel and, in my opinion, relies on its history a bit too much (food and accommodation was average in my opinion). We were amongst the first visitors to Emakoko back in February (search and you will find my trip report ...) and, whilst it is pricey, its the best Nairobi accommodation we have stayed at. Unlike most other Nairobi hotels / lodges It also gives you a real feeling of being in the bush.

If this your first visit to Kenya and you have two nights, you will enjoy both !

Phil
Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

We will be staying 5 days in each place. Currently I am searching fares for the trip. It will be Sept. 4 thrugh the 15
Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:44 AM

Any reason you are not traveling beyond Nairobi ?
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM

Phil - thanks for the feedback, especially on Emakoko.

Madisoncat - same question as Phil, why not traveling outside of NBO? With 10/days you certainly have time to visit at the Masai Mara or other park/reserve, offering great game viewing and often species not found at Nairobi Natl Park. You can consider splitting the 10/days with 4-5/nts between these two... and the remaining days elsewhere. Give it some thought as there are some lovely luxe properties, a short flight to/from, throughout Kenya.

Search this Thread