GCT, M/S River Anuket

Mar 30th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

GCT, M/S River Anuket

I have a question for "carolsong" or anyone else who has traveled on the M/S River Anuket, on the Nile River with Grand Circle. I will be visiting Cairo and spending 7 night on the "Anuket" in late Sept. I was wondering if there is a mini frige in the cabins to keep bottles water or a little libation cold? Also, did you receive complimentary wine with dinner? My original itinerary mentioned 2 glasses of wine with each meal. Last week I received a new itinerary and a letter stating that this was a mistake. No vino. Not a big deal. just wondering if this is a cost cutting measure. Thanks.
Mar 30th, 2006, 11:07 AM

Hi, As far as I remember we had a frig in the cabin on the boat. At the hotel in Cairo they also had a frig in room. Everyday at breakfast they gave us a bottle of water. We didn't get any wine. You had to purchase it. We went in May 05. It was a great trip. One we will always remember. Anymore question I will be happy to help you. Carol
Mar 31st, 2006, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Carol,
thanks for the reply. I will ariving in Cairo on Sept. 34th. the start of Ramadan. Mosr t posts indicate that this should not be a problem. I'm looking forward to the trip Thanks.
Mar 31st, 2006, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Carol,
I should have asked. I am assuming you went on the Anuket with Grand Circle. If so, How many people were in your Group and How many groups were on the boat? Was your group involved with the other groups? I've traveled with OAT twice but never with the larger GCT. I really like the smaller OAT groups but found this trip to be more to my liking than the one offered by OAT. Again, thank you for your help.
Mar 31st, 2006, 05:55 AM

We went with Grand Circle on the River Anuket about 4 years ago, and there was a minifridge. If I remember correctly they supiled water to it daily, as well as having bottles of water on the table at meals. People took left over bottles at the end of meals to augment their supply. I don't remember about wine. You will not find it easy to find stores that sell alchoholic beverages in Egypt, being a Moslem country. If you do want to have wine for the ship, I would suggest buying it before leaving Cairo. If you have any questions we would be glad to answer them, either in this forum or via Email.

Jack and Ann
Mar 31st, 2006, 10:19 AM

Hi, The Grand Circle Group had around 135 people. They were broken into 4 groups of around 34. We were in the green group. There was a Yellow, Red, & Blue. On the ship there was only our Grand Circle Group of around 135 people. We were assigned a bus doing the tour and it had the color marked on the bus. This way we got to know the other people in our green group. We went with my 2 sisters and their husbands which was great. The boat had entertainment everynight. The food was real good. Anymore questions. Carol

Search this Thread