family of 9, back from Tanzania!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were the family of nine, 5 children, 6,8,9,11,13, two mothers, one husband and one fabulous Grandmother. Well we are back from Tanzania and had a spectacular time!! The best trip My husband and I have ever been on. First off, we used Green Footprints, they were wonderful. Our guides, Alex and Makuru, were incredible with our children. They were smart, knowledgable, patient, flexible, and soon became a part of our family. We did Arusha N.P, Tarangire, Lake Manyara, the Crater, then flew to Sayari camp in the Serengeti and then 2 days in Zanzibar. We stayed at Kigongoni lodge, Tarangire Safari lodge (which we loved for the great view, gathering area, food) Eunoto, which was beautiful, great service, masaii run, Plantation, excellent food, beautiful garden house that fit all nine of us, we actually had our own house, and then Sayari, which was also incredible, waking up to Zebra and Wildebeast grazing next to our tents. We found the Tanzanian people to be extremely warm, friendly. We visited and toured a couple of schools, which was so special for our kids to meet other children. Our kids showed them how to play some clapping games and they all joined in. If anyone has any question about taking children, I would say, DO IT!! Our kids loved it. Green Footprints had enough activities, bike riding, canoing, night game drive, bush dinners, to break up the pace. We loved Tanzania and are thinking about another trip in a couple of years.
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 08:20 PM

WOW! You're back already? Seems like you just left. Glad you had a good time!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 09:19 AM

Welcome home! Are you planning to write a more detailed trip report and/or post some pictures here? My husband and I are planning a trip with Green Footprint next year, and I would love to hear more about your experience. Glad you had such a wonderful trip!!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 10:39 AM

Welcome back! I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time.

Jenn
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM

Welcome back! Would love to hear more too.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 05:09 PM

Welcome home. What wonderful memories for so many of you.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I will do a more detailed trip report as soon as I'm done with homework, dinner, and putting the kids to bed.... Yes, reality has set in already!!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 05:23 PM

Glad you had a great time, what an experience for the kids!! Could you tell us exactly when you were up in the north Serengeti, and exactly what you saw up there? I am going up there next September.
thanks
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

We were there on Oct 12,13,14. The weather was perfect, warm, no rain, but a little overcast. We stayed at Sayari camp. Which was very nice, nice tents, delicious meals and our 2 guides, mike and Njana, were excellent. We saw, lots of wildebeast, watched a crossing, herds of Zebra, actually we were woken up at 2 a.m. by the chewing and crunching of a herd of zebra right next to our tent!! We also saw many giraffe, elephants, a turtle, some lions, lion cubs, vultures, beautiful sunset, and some annoying tse tse flies!