Egypt visa on arrival

Sep 14th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Egypt visa on arrival

I am a US passport holder planning to visit Egypt in December 2019 as a tourist for 9 days.I have booked through Globus Tours company. My question is about Visa On Arrival (VOA) compared to e-Visa through the Egyptian government website. visa2egypt.gov/evisa. I have problems with that website with loading my passport details and the payment of 25 dollars through my master card, it won't accept and loading the front page of the passport is another problem. To me, Visa On Arrival is the way to go, any thoughts or advice?Thanks,
Sep 14th, 2019, 08:54 PM

Don't bother getting it in advance. Bring $25US cash to Egypt. Get off the plane (presumably in Cairo). Follow the signs. You'll enter a room with immigration desks on the far side. In the room will be several bank kiosks. Approach any of them, pay $25US cash, you'll be given a visa. Take the visa & your passport to the immigration desks where they'll stick it in your passport. Welcome to Egypt.
Sep 15th, 2019, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

E Visa to Egypt

Thanks, MmePerdue for your prompt response. The Egyptian government website ( www.visa2egypt.gov.eg) is very complicated to file, for example, loading your passport scan and more.
I wish the process is much easier and userfriendly.
Thanks,
Sep 15th, 2019, 08:16 AM

But the VOA system is so easy, no reason whatever to use the online system. It was a bit unnerving to not have the visa in hand but the on-arrival system worked perfectly.
Sep 24th, 2019, 04:12 AM

I did not have any problem getting the online visa. Make sure you are uploading the correct format. I think it is jpeg for photo and pdf for passport. Try a different browser. I used Chrome.
Sep 24th, 2019, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

I am happy to report that I got the online visas for me and my wife without any problem within 48 hours. That was wonderful. I did not expect that. all my worries were unfounded.