Eastern Cape Day Safaris

Feb 11th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Eastern Cape Day Safaris

Any experience of/recommendations on day programmes at Kwantu, Pumba, Amakhala & Shamwari - we plan to visit in July
We would like to enjoy a memorable safari and good food but don't really want to break the bank (party of 6)
Previous evening drive visit to ADDO was disappointing - saw elephants but not much else!Thanks in anticipation
Feb 15th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for this. Since posting my original enquiry I read about Kwandwe in glowing terms. Do you know anything about this one ,and do they in any case have a day visitors programme?
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:17 AM

Kwandwe is a wonderful Five Star reserve but unfortunately they donít offer day trips.
Feb 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM

Hello Scotty,

I'd also recommend Kwandwe -- and with your party of six, you could take over the Uplands House. Per person, it may work out to be less expensive than you think, particularly if you're travelling in the low season (18-30 April, 1 May - 30 September) when it would be R1625 ($268) per person -- not bad for a private safari based in a historic residence which comes with its own butler, ranger, chef, and private safari vehicle!

If any of the members of your party are children, it is possible for them to stay in a triple with their parents for free (ages 3-5) or 50% of the normal rate (ages 6-11), further reducing the cost.

http://www.ccafrica.com/reserve-1-id-2-8

Cheers,
Julian
Feb 19th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

This sounds really interesting - I will certainly look into it. Thank you.

Search this Thread